77,000 Tons Of Spoil Dumped In Green Belt

Has anyone else heard about the imminent plans to dump 77,000 tonnes of spoil at Loxley Driving Range. It will involve circa 8,500 lorries over about 2 and half years, and will be an eyesore for miles around. The scheme is the 'brainchild' of Hague Plant Hire. How can something like this be allowed to happen in the Green Belt less than a mile from Peak Park?

1 minute ago, bassett one said:

TOTAL and utter disgrace,whos allowed this?

It hasn't happened yet, but will do unless Sheffield's planning department puts a stop to it. I've tried to put a comment on the planning portal, but they've stopped any comments being added, so it's not looking good.

start a petition and speak to your MP asap,also speak to your lib/dems who will look at it as well.its a awfull idea to dump there

Just now, bassett one said:

start a petition and speak to your MP asap,also speak to your lib/dems who will look at it as well.its a awfull idea to dump there

I've emailed the Principal Planning Officer and my would be Lib Dem MP.  I only found out about it on Sunday, from locals who have started a campaign. There was a very similar application to dump at Hillsborough Golf Club, but that was turned down, looks like they've just moved across the road instead.

Had a look at this and the driving range is wanting to extend it's business and driving range.

Looks like it's Hague Plant who've been granted the permit to move the aggregate.

There has been an obejction already from Bradfield Parish Council.

Quotes from the plan below:

PLANNING PERMISSION REF: 15/00502/FUL EXTENSIONS TO DRIVING RANGE AND RECONFIGURATION OF EXISTING GROUND FLOOR LEVEL TO CREATE FLAT DRIVING AREA

"PROPOSAL The area to be filled is in accordance with the approved plans ref:

"Existing and proposed Sections, A14-169/03 Revision A. The amount of material, consisting of inert soils and aggregates, to be imported to achieve these levels is 77,000 cubic metres. This will amount to 8,500 truck movements."

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=PZU7JINYMX500&activeTab=summary

This is the link above to the application.

The planning application number is 15/00502/COND1   is anyone wishes to object or send comments to planningdc@sheffield.gov.uk

Hope this  helps.

2 minutes ago, sheffandy said:

Had a look at this and the driving range is wanting to extend it's business and driving range.

Looks like it's Hague Plant who've been granted the permit to move the aggregate.

There has been an obejction already from Bradfield Parish Council.

Quotes from the plan below:

PLANNING PERMISSION REF: 15/00502/FUL EXTENSIONS TO DRIVING RANGE AND RECONFIGURATION OF EXISTING GROUND FLOOR LEVEL TO CREATE FLAT DRIVING AREA

"PROPOSAL The area to be filled is in accordance with the approved plans ref:

"Existing and proposed Sections, A14-169/03 Revision A. The amount of material, consisting of inert soils and aggregates, to be imported to achieve these levels is 77,000 cubic metres. This will amount to 8,500 truck movements."

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=PZU7JINYMX500&activeTab=summary

This is the link above to the application.

The planning application number is 15/00502/COND1   is anyone wishes to object or send comments to planningdc@sheffield.gov.uk

Hope this  helps.

Thanks for that, unfortunately you can't add comments to the portal now. You can however email marcus.young@sheffield.gov.uk the case officer dealing with it, and cc  Principal Planning Officer adam.chapman@sheffield.gov.uk

2 hours ago, NewBiz said:

Has anyone else heard about the imminent plans to dump 77,000 tonnes of spoil at Loxley Driving Range. It will involve circa 8,500 lorries over about 2 and half years, and will be an eyesore for miles around. The scheme is the 'brainchild' of Hague Plant Hire. How can something like this be allowed to happen in the Green Belt less than a mile from Peak Park?

my goodness talk about hysteria! So it's not IMMINENT dump of 77K tonnes of spoil (not approved by council) and its not the "brainchild of Hague Plant Hire" (the golf club want to extend the drive range).

What exactly is the problem for you though, the extension or the 8,500 lorry movements? 

Because i would expect once its done, the end result will be lush and green (and may even increase the value of your home if you are prepared to put up with some short term inconvenience)

3 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

my goodness talk about hysteria! So it's not IMMINENT dump of 77K tonnes of spoil (not approved by council) and its not the "brainchild of Hague Plant Hire" (the golf club want to extend the drive range).

What exactly is the problem for you though, the extension or the 8,500 lorry movements? 

Because i would expect once its done, the end result will be lush and green (and may even increase the value of your home if you are prepared to put up with some short term inconvenience)

The decision is imminent and I'd expect if it gets the green light it will happen sooner rather than later.

The driving range and the golf club are not connected.  

8,500 lorries will effectively put the area out of bounds for walkers, cyclist horse riders etc.

I doubt a vast man made mound will increase the value of any property, apart from the driving range

2 minutes ago, NewBiz said:

The decision is imminent and I'd expect if it gets the green light it will happen sooner rather than later.

8,500 lorries will effectively put the area out of bounds for walkers, cyclist horse riders etc.

I doubt a vast man made mound will increase the value of any property, apart from the driving range

Agreed.

8500 lorry loads of fumes into a greenbelt area?  nice.

Even the Sheffield City Council agree....

"The biggest cause of pollution is transport, especially diesel vehicles. The UK, including Sheffield, has been in breach of the legal limits for Nitrogen Dioxide (NOâ‚‚) levels since January 2010."

23 minutes ago, NewBiz said:

Of course it wont 😂

Well- if they all arrived at once it might but over 2.5 years its maybe 1 an hour.