Polling Cards Received Yet?

My partner and I haven't received our polling cards yet.  Has everyone else? 

Should already be registered & I don't know what to do now.  We usually have a postal vote but the deadline for registering is tonight.  I shouldn't need to register again though & is too late for postal I think :\

I filled in the online registration form & at the end it said that they would need to contact me, so I didn't complete it.

I got a card through the door a few days ago saying my postal vote would be delivered within a week.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

2 hours ago, HOT LIPZ said:

My partner and I haven't received our polling cards yet.  Has everyone else? 

Should already be registered & I don't know what to do now.  We usually have a postal vote but the deadline for registering is tonight.  I shouldn't need to register again though & is too late for postal I think 😕

I filled in the online registration form & at the end it said that they would need to contact me, so I didn't complete it.

If in doubt I would have phoned them up, (if you can get through.) I'm not sure, but I think you have to re-register, (something to do with ballot fraud...) My polling card came at the end of last week, but there's still time for yours to show up.

do you have to register every year even if been at same address for number of years

Edited by stylefree

8 minutes ago, stylefree said:

do you have to register every year even if been at same address for number of years

Yes. We have elections every year of one sort or another. People move around all the time so the council need to know who lives where to keep the register up to date.

If it's the same people in your house as last time you can just confirm this via text to the council. That's what I did this time and it worked very well.

5 hours ago, Zarniwoop said:

According to the government website you don't need on to vote, it just tells you which voting station you have to use.

https://www.gov.uk/voting-in-the-uk#voting-in-person

Yes. The polling card is not needed at the polling station.

The poll clerk can verify that you're you only by asking two statutory questions:

1. "Are you the person named as XYZ on the Electoral Roll?"

2. "Have you already voted at this Election?"

Poll cards are even sent out to postal voters- i.e. the cards are not merely to tell you which voting station you have to use.

4 hours ago, Bilge said:

Yes. We have elections every year of one sort or another. People move around all the time so the council need to know who lives where to keep the register up to date.

If it's the same people in your house as last time you can just confirm this via text to the council. That's what I did this time and it worked very well.

Thanks 

Please advise,   where do you send text 

Is there phone no or email  address 

IS this something new 

I don't recall having to enrol every year in the past (olden days, without having to give my age away) unless moving  house. 

Haven't received polling card as yet 

Edited by stylefree