Power Shut Down Button

i have  changed my PC desktop keyboard, as some of the letters on the keys were getting worn. I have always shut down my computer with the power button. The replacement keyboard has the power, sleep etc. buttons, but it will not shut down when the power button is pressed. I shut down with Start > Power > Shut down. I have not changed anything,  and I am wondering why the power button on the keyboard is not functioning.

Edited by Greenveg
description

Try systymn restore but one for Gohzer  forum expert i think 

If I'm understanding your post right...

The multimedia/power keys don't work out of the box on some keyboards, you may need to use a driver to enable them. If there wasn't a driver disc in the box, have a quick look on the manufacturer website, make sure you get the exact model and install the driver, you should be OK after that.

I just go to the Windows logo at the lower left hand part of the keyboard, then in the top right hand corner it gives me some options and "shut down" is one of them, click with the mouse and done.

42 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I just go to the Windows logo at the lower left hand part of the keyboard, then in the top right hand corner it gives me some options and "shut down" is one of them, click with the mouse and done.

I always wondered what that key did 😮

Never bothered with it in 20 odd years of using Windows in its various incarnations.

I simply point the mouse at the windows logo at the bottom left of the screen and use the shut down option from there (and in earlier versions at the start icon)

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I always wondered what that key did 😮

Never bothered with it in 20 odd years of using Windows in its various incarnations.

I simply point the mouse at the windows logo at the bottom left of the screen and use the shut down option from there (and in earlier versions at the start icon)

Actually, that's what I meant, I was just looking at the key when I posted. Yes, I also do it all with the mouse. 

Edited by Ontarian1981