England V New Zealand Test Series

So England have put in yet another dire performance, losing by an innings and 65 runs in New Zealand.

England 353 and 197 all out

New Zealand 615 for 9 declared.

To think we had New Zealand at 197 for 5 a t one stage, then they put a 7th wicket stand of 261 on.

Edited by pss60

England now under new management. New strategy is bat longer take  no risks leave everything  on off stump take no risks no risky shots play as boycott did bat all day for 50 runs . 

That is me finished watching that lot now . I bet the aussies are laughing there heads of at that lot. Root says it will take some time to adjust to playing rubbish  / Just when we were playing great to watch we have some good natural attacking  players  //  It wants  petterson on committe  who can play proper cricket or coach them how to play . Root is a yes man and nobody dare say anything or there out  

Edited by spider1

We don't seem to learn. Playing on flat pitches with Kookaburra balls exposes our bowling attack. To be successful in these conditions we need proper pace and a wrist spinner. Bowlers who make stuff happen.

We also need a captain who can inspire the team and our best batsman back to just being a batsman.

We've got a decent quick bowler, a very decent quick bowler but he's trying to bowl bouncer after bouncer on a feather bed pitch. Line and length for a bit, create a bit of pressure. Leach is coming on.

Admittedly, the NZ batters aren't stupid enough to chase wide deliveries - we've got that nailed down.  I have to say I'm looking forward to how burns gets out again, he's finding new and exciting ways to get himself out.

Root isn't captain material, but honestly who is? Yes you can argue captaincy is effecting has batting but its not effecting kholi or Smith or Williamson who are all head and shoulders above the rest of their respective batting line ups. Maybe give burns a go at captaincy, he might be a better captain (he's a bit more experienced At least) and he might even give woakes a bowl. I'm not sure root will be better as a result though.

Edited by tinfoilhat

12 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

We've got a decent quick bowler, a very decent quick bowler but he's trying to bowl bouncer after bouncer on a feather bed pitch. Line and length for a bit, create a bit of pressure. Leach is coming on.

Admittedly, the NZ batters aren't stupid enough to chase wide deliveries - we've got that nailed down.  I have to say I'm looking forward to how burns gets out again, he's finding new and exciting ways to get himself out.

Root isn't captain material, but honestly who is? Yes you can argue captaincy is effecting has batting but its not effecting kholi or Smith or Williamson who are all head and shoulders above the rest of their respective batting line ups. Maybe give burns a go at captaincy, he might be a better captain (he's a bit more experienced At least) and he might even give woakes a bowl. I'm not sure root will be better as a result though.

A  couple who would make good captains but dont want it because of set  up not yes men 

Edited by spider1

Dunno who picked the bowling statergy,but bowling bouncers on flat track on day 3 of a test wasnt very savvy,nor was chucking the new ball to Curran.

We only had to bat four sessions to draw,on a pitch NZ had just racked up 600 on,chasing low full tosses wide outside your off stump isnt very smart batting!

It was poor to say the least,Root is hopelessly off colour in both his captaincy and his batting.