Urban Spin Fishing

Anybody doing this I'm just getting into spin fishing and would like any advice on where to fish in Sheffield City centre 

A couple of years ago I was fishing at the back of the wicker & a guy was fishing further up just past the Blonk Street bridge & he had a big trout on spinner maybe 5 or 6 lbs.

There are plenty of small pike in the canal willing to take a lure. I'm not sure about the permit situation though, I believe British Waterways took over control a while ago. I used to fish around the basins but not been down for a couple of years.

Unfortunately no fishing in the canal basin up to Cadman bridge,. No Club has the fishing rights from Cadman to Tinsley Lock so all you need is a  E.A license and a Waterways Wanderers permit, link below. Not much going on at the minute down the canal with spinning, mainly small Jack Pike and the odd Perch, seams to be quite time of year. No boats moving, part of the canal basin gets drained for re-lining starting Monday 6th Jan till mid March, 

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/waterway-wanderers

Been on a couple of times over Xmas period very quiet

Usually fish New Junction , Stainy and Aire and Calder plenty of takes from jacks and perch

Dead bait account for fish up to 28 in last couple of weeks

Sunday , another day on canal , not a knock

Canal gin clear, from Bacon Lane to Tinsley Marina then chocolate colour

One lad above Tinsley Marina had a "jack" about 2lb

I will not be defeated