Wharncliffe Hotel - Firth Park

Grew up in the place ......what pub ...had some good nights ....in thea ....wawaw

On 23/11/2019 at 21:36, St Petre said:

Wharncliffe on West Street, ..wow... forgot all about that one.

I will never forget the Wharncliffe on West Street one Christmas in the 60s I lost my car keys in there!,the landlady and a few of my friends turned the place upside down but they were never to be found!.My car was a Standard Vanguard,we had to break a quarter light on the door and hot wire it to get home,I had quite a few adventures with that car gone but not forgotten!.

On 26/11/2019 at 04:16, beezerboy said:

Was it at the foot of Patmore Rd? If so in the 70's wasn't one of the barmaids called Pam , her husband was Roger

Yes, Pam worked there for years. Her husband was Roger. I worked behind the bar in the early eighties. Glen Green was the landlord/manager. It was a great pub to work in but as the years went by it became a bit of a <removed> hole and the clientele were less than amicable shall we say.

Edited by nikki-red