Wharncliffe Hotel - Firth Park

I used to go in Wharncliffe as a teenager smashing pub went past today its not a pub anymore... Do you have any memories of the pub good or bad 

13 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

I used to go in Wharncliffe as a teenager smashing pub went past today its not a pub anymore... Do you have any memories of the pub good or bad 

Do you mean the Wharncliffe on Bevercotes Road, Firth Park ?

Edited by St Petre
Add

8 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Do you mean the Wharncliffe on Bevercotes Road, Firth Park ?

Well,he can't mean the one on West Street(across from the Red Lion), because that went in the 60s. I think there are a few with that name in and around Sheffield.

13 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Well,he can't mean the one on West Street(across from the Red Lion), because that went in the 60s. I think there are a few with that name in and around Sheffield.

Wharncliffe on West Street, ..wow... forgot all about that one.

19 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Wharncliffe on West Street, ..wow... forgot all about that one.

Yeah Firth park was a fantastic pub in 80's 

It was a favourite haunt of ours from being slightly under age and a good many years to follow.... from the late 70's onwards

I seems to remember some "heated" card games when the pot got quite big!

The Firth Park one.

Edited by zach

29 minutes ago, zach said:

It was a favourite haunt of ours from being slightly under age and a good many years to follow.... from the late 70's onwards

I seems to remember some "heated" card games when the pot got quite big!

The Firth Park one.

LOL yeah remember the card games well same happened up road at horseshoe usually on a Friday... Pay day 

3 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

LOL yeah remember the card games well same happened up road at horseshoe usually on a Friday... Pay day 

Indeed it did!

Many happy memories from both of those pubs, I often wonder if the lads are still knocking about down Firth Park but the last time I was down there, there was so much that's changed.

Different place nowadays saw Keith Robinson a week since don't see any of the lads anymore chat with Richie stones on forum happy memories all families moved on now! 

Was it at the foot of Patmore Rd? If so in the 70's wasn't one of the barmaids called Pam , her husband was Roger

Edited by beezerboy

35 minutes ago, beezerboy said:

Was it at the foot of Patmore Rd? If so in the 70's wasn't one of the barmaids called Pam , her husband was Roger

Looking on Google maps, yes it is that one. Not sure of any of the staffs names though.

Hade my bachelor night in there in March 1968