police only rapid response to motoring offences

Not keen on police working as corporate security for big business. Theft from businesses shouldn’t be prioritised over theft from private individuals or homes.

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

Not keen on police working as corporate security for big business. Theft from businesses shouldn’t be prioritised over theft from private individuals or homes.

I read it as the threat of violence as needing the response not where it occured. For example see priorities used by Lincolnshire Police below;

https://www.lincs.police.uk/contact/what-happens-when-you-call-the-police/

In an emergency, always dial 999.

This number is a 24 hour service and you should only use it in situations where there is:

danger to life

use, or immediate threat of use, of violence 

a crime in progress 

serious injury to a person  

an offender that has just been disturbed at the scene  

a need for immediate police attendance such as when a crime is about to be committed

14 hours ago, bassett one said:

what upsets me,why cannot they go round at night ,booking all the folk that park full on footpaths,on junctions stopping people seeing traffic coming at junctions,it would only take a few swoops on estates and a few tickets to ensure it stopped for a few months,then call again,it would get some cash in as well.

Are you being genuinely serious? Do you think that overnight the police have nothing else to do?

On 23/11/2019 at 11:44, Phili Buster said:

Normally a  rapid response to gun and knife offences too.

They didn't hang about when I was mugged at knife point. About five minutes if that. Pretty good I thought.

On 26/11/2019 at 12:52, ads36 said:

only today i've seen :

speeding

phone use

running red lights

dangerous driving

parking on pavements

*driving* on pavements

(and that's without the invisible crimes : driving without a license, MOT, insurance, tax, etc.)

enforcement would be really easy, like shooting fish in a barrel, clearly this is not happening.

Edit : right now, in a shopping car park, in less a minute of looking, 5 cars with *almost*totally bald tyres.

When it comes to driving offences, the police aren't even trying.

Most of the above could be taken away in some part as police responsibility and would be self financing in terms of fines paid.

I believe parking offences are already in this category but they only seem to focus on  particular hot spots at certain times of the day.

Given the authority I think that I could make a very good living based on commission only by issuing tickets to illegal phone users.

Just drive a motorbike up and down the traffic queues and look for the drivers heads bobbing up and down as they text the all important message to their nearest and dearest.

On 27/11/2019 at 12:21, bassett one said:

what upsets me,why cannot they go round at night ,booking all the folk that park full on footpaths,on junctions stopping people seeing traffic coming at junctions,it would only take a few swoops on estates and a few tickets to ensure it stopped for a few months,then call again,it would get some cash in as well.

That would be because for a police officer to issue a ticket re motoring offences the driver has to be present.

On 28/11/2019 at 17:56, Gibbon said:

That would be because for a police officer to issue a ticket re motoring offences the driver has to be present.

So you're saying that if a bobby sees an illegally parked car he must wait for the driver to return before issuing a ticket?

6 hours ago, truman said:

So you're saying that if a bobby sees an illegally parked car he must wait for the driver to return before issuing a ticket?

I think he's saying it'd be a waste of time for the police to try to book parked cars with no occupants.

ps - good to see you back - thought we might have lost you when I hadn't seen the FST avatar for so long.

On 04/12/2019 at 22:05, Longcol said:

I think he's saying it'd be a waste of time for the police to try to book parked cars with no occupants.

ps - good to see you back - thought we might have lost you when I hadn't seen the FST avatar for so long.

Thanks..I've had a very busy year and a few things dropped off the "to do list" :)   Nothing much seems to have changed I see..

Edited by truman

On 27/11/2019 at 11:21, bassett one said:

Parking was decriminalised years ago - it’s the Council that enforce parking (with just a few exceptions).

On 23/11/2019 at 18:19, Penistone999 said:

Motorists have always been an easy target for the plod . 

Easy cliché

On 22/11/2019 at 21:36, gaz 786 said:

Why is it police only seem to rapid response to motoring offences 🤔

Pretty remarkable deduction. 

Do you follow blue lights to their destination and therefore know this to be true.  
... thought not. 

On 26/11/2019 at 12:16, Hadron said:

My experience is that motoring offences are very low on the list of priorities. It seems someone has been a naughty motorist and has thrown their teddy in the corner.

Indeed, the number of traffic cops has been reduced considerably - one of the many memorable “achievements” of this current crop of MP’s. 

On 26/11/2019 at 12:52, ads36 said:

only today i've seen :

speeding

phone use

running red lights

dangerous driving

parking on pavements

*driving* on pavements

(and that's without the invisible crimes : driving without a license, MOT, insurance, tax, etc.)

enforcement would be really easy, like shooting fish in a barrel, clearly this is not happening.

Edit : right now, in a shopping car park, in less a minute of looking, 5 cars with *almost*totally bald tyres.

When it comes to driving offences, the police aren't even trying.

Indeed, they don’t cover “traffic” as they used to.  
who to blame?  
They’ve just been voted back in. 

13 hours ago, DT Ralge said:

Indeed, the number of traffic cops has been reduced considerably - one of the many memorable “achievements” of this current crop of MP’s. 

Indeed, they don’t cover “traffic” as they used to.  
who to blame?  
They’ve just been voted back in. 

Exactly so.

Seems that there are so many too dim to see what is going to happen to this country now.