police only rapid response to motoring offences

4 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Maybe for the adrenalin rush of using blues and two's (spelling) in getting there and hopefully chasing the alleged offenders in a high performance cop car. Although I would bet my life that the coppers would deny that 100%.

Angel1.

They also run towards people with knives, machetes, guns etc. But stick with your criticism, internet hero.

19 hours ago, Halibut said:

Both of those statements are true. As for not knowing much about stuff, it's self evident that the whole premise of the thread - that the police only ever have an emergency response to motoring offences - is completely, obviously and incontravertibly false and wrong.

Motorists have always been an easy target for the plod . 

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

They also run towards people with knives, machetes, guns etc. But stick with your criticism, internet hero.

Where did I say they did not run towards people with knives, machetes, guns etc.. and where is the criticism you blether about. As for me been a hero of ANY kind, you must stop making false assumptions, sorry to disappoint you as I am just a regular guy.

I am interested to know how you link my post with the twaddle you have written though, maybe you have an overactive imagination.

Angel1.

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Where did I say they did not run towards people with knives, machetes, guns etc.. and where is the criticism you blether about. As for me been a hero of ANY kind, you must stop making false assumptions, sorry to disappoint you as I am just a regular guy.

I am interested to know how you link my post with the twaddle you have written though, maybe you have an overactive imagination.

Angel1.

Because your response to the OP was in agreement with his suggestion, which was clearly a veiled criticism of the police. 

Edited by Bargepole23

11 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Because your response to the OP was in agreement with his suggestion, which was clearly a veiled criticism of the police. 

Are we not allowed to criticize the plod ? 

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

Of course we are - but surely making about a real issue would be a start, rather than just inventing a piece of nonsense.

On 22/11/2019 at 22:02, Longcol said:

Seems about right.

I wouldn’t expect any different.

You have to expect prioritisation and guinea pigs aren’t gonna be high up there are they.

i wouldn’t have even expected them I’d have thought they just record it.

Edited by makapaka

My experience is that motoring offences are very low on the list of priorities. It seems someone has been a naughty motorist and has thrown their teddy in the corner.

only today i've seen :

speeding

phone use

running red lights

dangerous driving

parking on pavements

*driving* on pavements

(and that's without the invisible crimes : driving without a license, MOT, insurance, tax, etc.)

enforcement would be really easy, like shooting fish in a barrel, clearly this is not happening.

Edit : right now, in a shopping car park, in less a minute of looking, 5 cars with *almost*totally bald tyres.

When it comes to driving offences, the police aren't even trying.

Edited by ads36

On 22/11/2019 at 21:36, gaz 786 said:

Why is it police only seem to rapid response to motoring offences 🤔

Below are incidents that police 'Rapid respond' to on blue lights:

- Fights in progress

- Domestic incidents in progress

- Suicidal people

- Road traffic collisions where injuries are reported.

- Criminal damage in progress

- A drink driver currently driving

- Suspicious sudden deaths

- Murder

- Rape which has just occurred

- A shoplifter who has been detained and is being violent towards security staff

- High risk missing people

I could go on.

So no, it's not just motoring offences that they blue light to.

what upsets me,why cannot they go round at night ,booking all the folk that park full on footpaths,on junctions stopping people seeing traffic coming at junctions,it would only take a few swoops on estates and a few tickets to ensure it stopped for a few months,then call again,it would get some cash in as well.

1 minute ago, bassett one said:

what upsets me,why cannot they go round at night ,booking all the folk that park full on footpaths,on junctions stopping people seeing traffic coming at junctions,it would only take a few swoops on estates and a few tickets to ensure it stopped for a few months,then call again,it would get some cash in as well.

Cars on footpaths are a pet hate of mine, but is it an offence? It certainly should be.

On 24/11/2019 at 09:53, Penistone999 said:

Self confessed tax dodger criticises public service funded by taxation.