Blades V Man Utd

Looks to be another cracking game at DTBL but a team change that we could do without.

Another sellout and will be a great atmosphere and we need to be at our best to get the 3 points

2-0 for the Blades

Man Utd have obvious threats in the business end of the pitch, as always we need to be professional in nullifying these threats. Rashford and Martial seem to be the saving grace this season, if we keep these two key players quiet, then that is half of the job done.

We have been absolute class on the road, to be honest we have been absolute class plural. I expect no less in this one. I have mild worries about the loss of Henderson in this one and would have been tempted to go for Verrips over Moore. The former has a bit more experience against top league players, albeit in a different league. Whilst Moore is a steady Eddie, I do worry about him against the worlds elite. But; if Wilder seems him to be top choice, then I am more than willing to stand by his decision.

Man united have midfielder dilemmas, this has to be the area in which the battle is won. Maguire will be on form in this one no doubt, as he shows us how far he has come since leaving the club. I am hoping that the lack of 1st choice midfielders allows us a little bit more room in the middle of the park and with this, I hope that the likes of fleck and Lundstram exploit the edge of the 18 yard box.

All in all, we dont have to be any different in approach in this one. Similar performance to the one against Arsenal and Liverpool would see us in with a chance of bagging something. I would say that I can see a potential shock on this one, but it wouldnt be a shock at all. An in form blades performance could take all 3 points! I have worries about the potential changes, but never the less I feel that we can beat this lot!

Front two has to be McGoldrick and Mousset for me. The former using his physicality against Maguire and Moose making those trademark runs in behind and out wide, bringing the midfield into the game.

Blades 3 v 1 Man Utd (Moose, Norwood, Stevens).

Blades stepping out of their league and man United looking for a big win

Blades 0 - 6 Man United

As a Owls fan I hope Utd win , Sheffield needs to be in the lime light where ever that comes from .

On 23/11/2019 at 03:49, Ridgewalk said:

No Hendo is a disadvantage, just hope Egan plays

Is that a rule with players on loan that they can't play against their parent club,or is he missing for another reason?

Another 45 minutes of the Sheffield United that we have all grown to love, whilst our opponents loath. 

Seriously, Man United who in that first half? We absolutely bossed them! We out played them! We caused them hassle! We exploited weaknesses and made them look like a Championship team!

We have professionalism, discipline, togetherness and determination in abundance, but teams are starting to realise that we also have a fair share of quality as well!

This second half will be a tough ride! Man United will come out firing and will cause us a few problems no doubt, so we need to remain disciplined and deal with it to the best of our abilities. I do feel that any attacking pressure Man United however, will leave them really exposed at the back. We need to exploit this on the counter! We can't allow ourselves to get too boxed in, we need attacking options available on the break...we need bags of energy to get the ball and bodies out into attacking positions.

Bring it on! Come on you blades!

Well my fantasy footy team has just bee shot to hell...what was wrong with a nice 0-0?

What a fantastic game! Hard lines Blades, you was on top for 73 mins.

Less gutted after that equalizer! What a game! We were in control for 70 minutes and then collapsed. I was so upset at 3-2, but it took heart to claw a point back. What a game! 

Edited by Moistened