Blades V Man Utd

50 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

That's how far we've come on.  Gutted to draw with Man U.   

Can't understand how it fell apart when Mousset went off?  Looking forward to watching it on MOTD tonight.  Particularly as in the first few mins, I reckon we should have had a penalty after Maguire decided to drag, think it was Mousset, to the ground? 

Telling at the end when Blades players were getting thunderous round of applause, Man U fans were stood on the Lane end like statues. 

Yes was Maguire dragging Mousset down

Minor criticism of Wilder today. Players were looking heavy legged around 65 minutes. Might have benefited from a substitution or two to freshen up.

Hindsight is wonderful

The pride of Sheffield,  unlucky not to win, but that's how it goes, we really should have won but credit to Man Utd for playing out of their skins to take a draw from one of the best teams in the country.

UTB.

Guest makapaka

Sounds like another win for the blades.

these 1 points are mounting up.

13 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Is that a rule with players on loan that they can't play against their parent club,or is he missing for another reason?

I think it depends on the terms of the loan in the first place.  As I understand it, teams can set provisos, eg if we're playing your team, we reserve the right to ask you to refrain from playing our loanee.  I presume that's why he wasn't playing.  To be honest, I didn't think Man U would object because it shows a lack of confidence in their own ability to win.

Got to admit though, watching De Gea was still a pleasure.

I hope we can do a deal with Man U and keep Hendo.  

Enjoyed the match today.  Fantastic atmosphere at the lane.  Some of the chants were hilarious.  To be fair, Moore didn't do too bad.  We missed Egan today.  Mousset was inspired.  Did he go off with a muscle injury?  Wouldn't be surprised, he demands a lot of himself and those fantastic break throughs sometimes do come at a price.  Hope he's ok.

Edited by Lex Luthor

No disrespect for Jaggers but I think if John Egan had played Man Utd would not have got any shots in. Our goalkeeper played well and no chance with the goals

Lucky Lucky Blades,

Once again we play a top rated Premiership team, lack lustre, below par, how many is that. Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal......

5 out of the big 6.  Just Man City to deal with now.

Sensationally lucky.

22 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Is that a rule with players on loan that they can't play against their parent club,or is he missing for another reason?

Years ago there was a case of a United player being sent out on loan who played against us (and scored at the Kop end), and it did him no favours when he returned.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Lucky Lucky Blades,

Once again we play a top rated Premiership team, lack lustre, below par, how many is that. Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal......

Sensationally lucky.

Not sure I've seen it anywhere about you being lucky yesterday but they are awful these days, I thought you'd beat them and didn't expect you to lose when you went 2 up

14 hours ago, makapaka said:

Now down to sixth. Terribly disappointing.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Lucky Lucky Blades,

Sensationally lucky.

You forgot Leicester, played 6 of the top 7 big hitters with Wolves to come on Saturday. Only City not faced

15 hours ago, makapaka said:

Halfway to 'safety'.  40 points usually being the magic number needed to survive your first season in the Prem.

Start of the season many had already written off the blades, having them down as the team most likely to get relegated back.

12 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

I think it depends on the terms of the loan in the first place.  As I understand it, teams can set provisos, eg if we're playing your team, we reserve the right to ask you to refrain from playing our loanee.  I presume that's why he wasn't playing.  To be honest, I didn't think Man U would object because it shows a lack of confidence in their own ability to win.

Got to admit though, watching De Gea was still a pleasure.

I hope we can do a deal with Man U and keep Hendo.  

Enjoyed the match today.  Fantastic atmosphere at the lane.  Some of the chants were hilarious.  To be fair, Moore didn't do too bad.  We missed Egan today.  Mousset was inspired.  Did he go off with a muscle injury?  Wouldn't be surprised, he demands a lot of himself and those fantastic break throughs sometimes do come at a price.  Hope he's ok.

Mousset was clobbered early in the game and it slowed him down, he is an excellant buy, fast,strong and reads the game well

In the last 3 games (Burnley ,Spurs Man Utd) the Blades have been exceptional and really should have won all 3.Even the pundits are waking up to us now ; Graham Souness mentioned us in the same breath as Barcelona yesterday and said he wanted a season ticket at Bramall Lane......i think  he was only half kidding