Radio 2

Is it me or has radio 2 gone seriously downhill?

It seems to be becoming a very dodgy version of radio1, modern manufactured rubbish, or rap type stuff more suited for teenagers, or adults who want the street cred of their teenage kids.

Half the presenters are bland, not like the days of Wogan or Evans etc.

Anyone still listen to this dirge?

I have it on in my car as it is probably the best signal I can get on trans Pennine drives.

We still have Ken Bruce and Jeremy Vine so all not lost, and O'Grady is decent, so there's hope.. just!

Sarah Cox is diabolical so is Zoe Ball,do listen to Ken and Jeremy but Steve Wright gets on my nerves so give him a miss but if Craig Charles is sitting in for him I do like what he does.

34 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Sarah Cox is diabolical so is Zoe Ball,do listen to Ken and Jeremy but Steve Wright gets on my nerves so give him a miss but if Craig Charles is sitting in for him I do like what he does.

Not listened to radio 2 for years.  Does old Steve Wright still do the non stop half hour oldies which does get interrupted so it’s not non stop 🤔

The new controller now manages Radio 1, 1 xtra, 2 and 6 music and they're all becoming a bland copy of each other.

I don't understand why they're forcing more R1 music onto R2 to attract a younger audience, that's what R1 is for.

It all seems dumbed down, with low quality celebs rather than actual DJs (Rylan and Zoe Ball are the worst offenders).  She still thinks she's doing CBBC and presenting to kids.

If you're on Facebook, join this group, you'll be amongst good company: https://www.facebook.com/groups/133429967002412/

3 hours ago, rudds1 said:

Not listened to radio 2 for years.  Does old Steve Wright still do the non stop half hour oldies which does get interrupted so it’s not non stop 🤔

Yes he does but had to stop listening when he started calling himself DJ Sillyboy.

Its just a rehash of radio 1 old timers club. I stopped listening to radio 2 with the introduction of the ginger whinger and jeremy vine.

Edited by willman

Don't listen to Radio 2....Ken Bruce is ok, but Vine is tedious, Wright is awful....overpaid idiots. I listen to Paradise Radio, via the interweb. Listener supported advert-free wall to wall reight good music.

6 hours ago, rudds1 said:

I wish he would bring back Mr Angry, he reminds me I know very well.  :rant:

When ken bruce hangs up his Mic, I'm likely to stick to Spotify. Jeremy vine is the worst broadcaster on any media, anywhere. And I'm including piers Morgan in that as well. Zoe ball is too hyperactive, still not sure on Sarah Cox. Steve Wright is ok.

12 hours ago, alchresearch said:

The new controller now manages Radio 1, 1 xtra, 2 and 6 music and they're all becoming a bland copy of each other.

I don't understand why they're forcing more R1 music onto R2 to attract a younger audience, that's what R1 is for.

It all seems dumbed down, with low quality celebs rather than actual DJs (Rylan and Zoe Ball are the worst offenders).  She still thinks she's doing CBBC and presenting to kids.

If you're on Facebook, join this group, you'll be amongst good company: https://www.facebook.com/groups/133429967002412/

Exactly my point, low quality celebs have killed it.

Rylan, Zoe Ball. Vanessa. It's a shame, as I used to like listening to real music.

The folk hour (once a week!) has even been moved to a later slot!

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 22:49, mancmart said:

Exactly my point, low quality celebs have killed it.

Rylan, Zoe Ball. Vanessa. It's a shame, as I used to like listening to real music.

The folk hour (once a week!) has even been moved to a later slot!

Does Mark still do the folk show, I preferred it when Mike Harding did it, they should never have taken him off.

I never listen to radio 2 in the week anymore but love SOTS and POTPs on Saturday

Bring back Marc & Lard, (Radcliffe & Rielly).