Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is it me or has radio 2 gone seriously downhill?

It seems to be becoming a very dodgy version of radio1, modern manufactured rubbish, or rap type stuff more suited for teenagers, or adults who want the street cred of their teenage kids.

Half the presenters are bland, not like the days of Wogan or Evans etc.

Anyone still listen to this dirge?

I have it on in my car as it is probably the best signal I can get on trans Pennine drives.

 

We still have Ken Bruce and Jeremy Vine so all not lost, and O'Grady is decent, so there's hope.. just!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarah Cox is diabolical so is Zoe Ball,do listen to Ken and Jeremy but Steve Wright gets on my nerves so give him a miss but if Craig Charles is sitting in for him I do like what he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Sarah Cox is diabolical so is Zoe Ball,do listen to Ken and Jeremy but Steve Wright gets on my nerves so give him a miss but if Craig Charles is sitting in for him I do like what he does.

Not listened to radio 2 for years.  Does old Steve Wright still do the non stop half hour oldies which does get interrupted so it’s not non stop 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new controller now manages Radio 1, 1 xtra, 2 and 6 music and they're all becoming a bland copy of each other.

 

I don't understand why they're forcing more R1 music onto R2 to attract a younger audience, that's what R1 is for.

 

It all seems dumbed down, with low quality celebs rather than actual DJs (Rylan and Zoe Ball are the worst offenders).  She still thinks she's doing CBBC and presenting to kids.

 

If you're on Facebook, join this group, you'll be amongst good company: https://www.facebook.com/groups/133429967002412/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rudds1 said:

Not listened to radio 2 for years.  Does old Steve Wright still do the non stop half hour oldies which does get interrupted so it’s not non stop 🤔

Yes he does but had to stop listening when he started calling himself DJ Sillyboy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its just a rehash of radio 1 old timers club. I stopped listening to radio 2 with the introduction of the ginger whinger and jeremy vine.

Edited by willman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't listen to Radio 2....Ken Bruce is ok, but Vine is tedious, Wright is awful....overpaid idiots. I listen to Paradise Radio, via the interweb. Listener supported advert-free wall to wall reight good music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rudds1 said:

Not listened to radio 2 for years.  Does old Steve Wright still do the non stop half hour oldies which does get interrupted so it’s not non stop 🤔

I wish he would bring back Mr Angry, he reminds me I know very well.  :rant:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When ken bruce hangs up his Mic, I'm likely to stick to Spotify. Jeremy vine is the worst broadcaster on any media, anywhere. And I'm including piers Morgan in that as well. Zoe ball is too hyperactive, still not sure on Sarah Cox. Steve Wright is ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, alchresearch said:

The new controller now manages Radio 1, 1 xtra, 2 and 6 music and they're all becoming a bland copy of each other.

 

I don't understand why they're forcing more R1 music onto R2 to attract a younger audience, that's what R1 is for.

 

It all seems dumbed down, with low quality celebs rather than actual DJs (Rylan and Zoe Ball are the worst offenders).  She still thinks she's doing CBBC and presenting to kids.

 

If you're on Facebook, join this group, you'll be amongst good company: https://www.facebook.com/groups/133429967002412/

 

Exactly my point, low quality celebs have killed it.

Rylan, Zoe Ball. Vanessa. It's a shame, as I used to like listening to real music.

The folk hour (once a week!) has even been moved to a later slot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 22:49, mancmart said:

Exactly my point, low quality celebs have killed it.

Rylan, Zoe Ball. Vanessa. It's a shame, as I used to like listening to real music.

The folk hour (once a week!) has even been moved to a later slot!

Does Mark still do the folk show, I preferred it when Mike Harding did it, they should never have taken him off.

I never listen to radio 2 in the week anymore but love SOTS and POTPs on Saturday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring back Marc & Lard, (Radcliffe & Rielly). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.