What Question Would You Ask One Of The 4 Party Leaders On Question Time

nikki-red

THIS IS NOT TO BECOME ANOTHER BREXIT OR GENERAL ELECTION THREAD.

THANK YOU.

Message added by nikki-red

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

No,😊 Nigel Farage started this whole Brexit thing off. He plays it hard ball, he's tough, doesn't faff about with nicities, and knows where all the bodies are buried. I think he'd be an assett in any negotiating team.

You now he'd tilt it so he could sell us all out to his mate Donald don't you? I thought you were a fan of the NHS, nigel isnt!

Nigel's plan is to help Nigel and make Nigel richer and more important. Nigel doesnt care about this country.

20 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Have you had a bump on the head Anna?

Anna has been in thrall to Nigel for years.

No amount of pointing out the man's duplicity over those years, seems to have made any difference. So let her be used and abused, says I. She'll learn (eventually).

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

You now he'd tilt it so he could sell us all out to his mate Donald don't you? I thought you were a fan of the NHS, nigel isnt!

Nigel's plan is to help Nigel and make Nigel richer and more important. Nigel doesnt care about this country.

Mmmm..  you could be right. My thinking was that he wants the best for Britain, maybe he does just want the best for Nigel.

Don't you think the other negotiating team members would have a moderating effect? (And he'd put the fear of God into the EU team?)

And I'm not in thrall to Nigel.  Jeremy Corbyn on the other hand . . .  😄

Edited by Anna B

On 25/11/2019 at 10:06, ianparkin said:

I was lucky to get a ticket for this event as asked in the opening post of this thread for ideas for questions

Then about 7 mins before broadcast started i was told i would be the opening questioner..

theres lots of articles and videos circulating now about bbc bias as to the audience selection

I personally thought it was balanced perhaps with a little left swing though hardly suprising if the audience was sheffield/south yorks based

though there were a lot of scots there

What did you think ChrisLB?

What did suprise me was the amount of heckling and booing going on that wasnt heard on broadcast

Yep, agree exactly about the audience balance, think they did pretty well given the possible pitfalls.

Was surprised how utterly relaxed Fiona Bruce seemed! Also how absolutely 'live' it was!

Jeremy seemed a bit hesitant at first (person next to me said that as well) and Boris's body language, when he entered, appeared really defensive.

My takeaways? Oddly, an increased respect for politicians. The thought of being asked what I thought on any of my four questions led to a lot of research and an appreciation of the difficulty of giving a good answer. Secondly, the realization of, with live TV, just how many things really, really could go wrong.
Lastly, would I recommend it? No. When you split from a partner, you think of all the things you wish you had said, it's like that, but ten times worse.