Why Should I Register To Vote?

On 20/11/2019 at 00:27, Longcol said:

So enlighten us and let us know which version of democracy is worth it 😎

The fact you probably believe UK has a sort of democracy just shows how much work needs to be done.... 

Just for starters we need MP's accountable for their actions (or lack of) and a voting system with a None Of The Above - option along with proportional representation. And that's assuming we have something worth voting for  and an intelligent informed electorate.

On 21/11/2019 at 22:18, Car Boot said:

All adults have to register to vote in the UK. If you don't you may be fined.

Not registering to vote is a way of living off the grid, much of our financial system is linked to the electoral roll to establish where people actually live, and how long they have lived at a certain address.

We're often told this but it isn't true.  They say 'may' or 'could' As I've already stated, giving NO info is different to giving FALSE info.

5 hours ago, 26b-6 said:

The fact you probably believe UK has a sort of democracy just shows how much work needs to be done.... 

Just for starters we need MP's accountable for their actions (or lack of) and a voting system with a None Of The Above - option along with proportional representation. And that's assuming we have something worth voting for  and an intelligent informed electorate.

How are you planning on getting a new sort of democracy, if you don’t vote?

On 28/11/2019 at 16:31, Pettytom said:

Mmm. . .  Do you think voting will bring a new sort of democracy, or just prop up the old?  Genuine question, I really don't know what the answer is..  I do know most of the politicians seem to favour keeping the status quo, (for obvious reasons,) which means it's going to need something very radical to change it.

Edited by Anna B

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Mmm. . .  Do you think voting will bring a new sort of democracy, or just prop up the old?  Genuine question, I really don't know what the answer is..  I do know most of the politicians seem to favour keeping the status quo, (for obvious reasons,) which means it's going to need something very radical to change it.

You can try chucking bricks if you like. I’d prefer a reasoned debate and a democratic outcome

58 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

You can try chucking bricks if you like. I’d prefer a reasoned debate and a democratic outcome

I am not one for rioting. However when 'reasoned debate and a democratic outcome' change nothing, the population have been known to take matters into their own hands, (or vote Brexit.)😐

Edited by Anna B

Because if you do not register, you cannot vote. That is the simple answer, despite what you think of the system we employ to select our MP's.

Here they are discussing Brexit in Westminster.

HHwd9Oi.jpg

Angel1.

3 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Because if you do not register, you cannot vote. That is the simple answer, despite what you think of the system we employ to select our MP's.

HHwd9Oi.jpg😄

Angel1.

😊Love the pcture. That just about sums it up.😊😃😄

On 28/11/2019 at 16:31, Pettytom said:

How are you planning on getting any sort of democracy, if you do vote?

21 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

HHwd9Oi.jpg

Angel1.

Because the fact is we just have an illusion of democracy and participating in this illusory democratic system only keeps it alive.

*Can't see picture properly?

Edited by 26b-6

On 29/11/2019 at 21:33, Pettytom said:

For most people reasoned debate is a thing of the past, we're too dumb, divided and emotionally charged for any democracy or compromise.

19 minutes ago, 26b-6 said:

How are you planning on getting any sort of democracy, if you do vote?

I’ve got more chance of “getting democracy “ by voting, than I’d have by not voting 

Just now, Pettytom said:

I’ve got more chance of “getting democracy “ by voting, than I’d have by not voting 

No you haven't. You just BELIEVE you're getting democracy by voting. 

2 minutes ago, 26b-6 said:

No you haven't. You just BELIEVE you're getting democracy by voting. 

No. Just watch.

The person with the most votes in my constituency  will get a seat in Parliament on 12th Dec. 

That will happen. My vote will be a small part of that decision