Jump to content

Blades January Transfer Rumours / Window?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

does one have them have a surname starting with B?

He does indeed, I really can't see that one being true, can you?

 

I know Wilder has the reputation for taking highly skilled, but erratic (or under performing) players, and working a miracle, but I just don't see it with this one at all.

 

Who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Grappler said:

He does indeed, I really can't see that one being true, can you?

 

I know Wilder has the reputation for taking highly skilled, but erratic (or under performing) players, and working a miracle, but I just don't see it with this one at all.

 

Who knows?

Actually, we have been rumoured to be linked with a couple of players with a surname beginning with "B", so I suppose it depends who you mean.

 

One is outrageous (unaffordable) and one is outrageous (extremely gifted but erratic).

Edited by Grappler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha ha I think we both know who the B's are! However let's keep quiet for now.......the  trouble  with rumours is one that all football fans know and most dont come to fruition anyway......personally I think Wilder may look elsewhere for back up first and that is what is needed given for example the absence of Egan on Sunday? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

does one have them have a surname starting with B?

Balotelli  wouldn't be good enough, if ever there was an overhyped player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Berahino is my guess, wouldn't touch him with a bargepole! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't want any overpaid 'Fancy Dans' upsetting thing at BDTBL.  It's been clear since Wilder & Knill took over that they've developed a squad that has a great camoradery.  It only takes one bad apple to ruin things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2019 at 13:02, Baron99 said:

We don't want any overpaid 'Fancy Dans' upsetting thing at BDTBL.  It's been clear since Wilder & Knill took over that they've developed a squad that has a great camoradery.  It only takes one bad apple to ruin things. 

Correct. Just seen on Sky our match v the Owls in 2017, (  that one),  Fleck, O'Connell, Bash, Stevens, Baldock, Sharp, Lundstram on the bench

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/11/2019 at 16:16, cmonkes said:

Whilst it might seem a while away, Chris Wilder has been over in Dubai with HRH during the international break. During the meeting, CW is said to have highlighted his key areas for improvement during the next transfer window and HRH is said to be open in the idea of backing CW in his ambitions. 

 

HRH initially stated that significant investment in players would come into real fruition next year, should the Blades secure Premier League survival. However; it is understood that he is now willing to reconsider this, due to the blades currently sitting 5th in the league and holding their own. 

 

Firepower is an obvious "key" area for improvement!  We have created chances in abundance, but we haven't been putting them away! We know this, we've seen this and wilder has highlight this

as the difference between draws and wins this year. Rightly stating that there hasn't been a single game this season that we have been out of and we should have had more out of certain games.

 

It is said that HRH is now willing to smash all of the summers transfer records, in order to secure the right talisman. As it stands, the two main targets linked in the press are Ollie Watkins (Brentford) and Loren Moron (Real Betis). The former of the two continues to impress in the Championship (with a decent return of 7 goals in 9 games) and could be available for around £15m. Moron however is said to have a release clause in his contract, this is set at around £30m or 35m euros.

 

It is rumoured that CW would like at least 2-3 players through the door during the window, with a full back and CB also featuring on his wanted list. Everton have stepped up interest in John Egan recently and are said to be scouting him in the RoI set up. Chris Wilder however is under no pressure to part ways with the key player, and states that The Toffee's efforts are pointless. 

 

"Any players coming through the door would be to strengthen what we already have, we don't need to sell anyone and we won't be selling anyone. It's as simple as that. We have one of the best back fours in the Premier League! Why would we take anything away from that?" - CW.

 

There is also speculation that Wilder could also look at Midfield options, with a defensive sitting midfielder a possibility. Reports suggest that he would be open to picking up somebody versatile, with the potential to play both CB and DCM. Whilst Basham has been fantastic so far this season, it is said that he feels that potential reinforcements could be made in this area. 

 

With £40m plus coughed up in the summer, it is said that HRH is more than willing to cash this out again, plus more........

 

A very interesting and exciting window in the making!

 

It is worth noting however that all risks have to be calculated correctly! Relegation from the Premier league would be costly! Survival needs to be our sole aim! Securing another season in this league would ensure that all transfer spends this season are covered appropriately. 

 

 

That's a pretty good report mate, well done!  

 

I agree with the sentiments expressed about needing to increase the firepower of the team.  I'm baffled by the defence of our strikers on some other forums, it's like they are sacred and cannot be criticised, but the stats speak for themselves.  The Blades would easily have had another 10 points by my reckoning, if they had got 2 good strikers on the pitch in most of those games.  It's critical to them.  

 

I like Basham, I think he gives everything to the team and runs his blood to water.  But he's an obvious weakness in the team as well.  He's a bit hair-brained at times and I don't even think he knows what he's going to do next.  I can see him being replaced by someone better in the future and ending up on the fringe of the squad.  I'd like to see us sign another attacking midfielder.  I'm afraid Luke Freeman doesn't do it for me.  There was a time a few years ago when I thought he was an amazing talent, but I think he's not quite good enough at this level, based on admittedly just a few appearances so far this season.

 

Will the Prince sanction big spending in January?  I'm not so sure about that tbh.  I think it's more likely he'll sanction big loan signings, with a view to permanent if we stay up.   There's one thing for sure though, we are more likely to attract top players from around the world, being in the position we are in now, than at the start of the season.  We're taking this seriously, despite what some pundits had said. 😉

On 27/11/2019 at 13:47, Grappler said:

There are a couple of outrageous names being mentioned, by quite reliable sources, I assume for loans in Jan to the end of the season.

 

If I get the idea that there is something of substance to the rumours, I will post back on here.

 

Put it this way, for one of them, even Chris Wilders legendary man-management skills would be severely put to the test............

Donald Trump?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

That's a pretty good report mate, well done!  

 

I agree with the sentiments expressed about needing to increase the firepower of the team.  I'm baffled by the defence of our strikers on some other forums, it's like they are sacred and cannot be criticised, but the stats speak for themselves.  The Blades would easily have had another 10 points by my reckoning, if they had got 2 good strikers on the pitch in most of those games.  It's critical to them.  

 

I like Basham, I think he gives everything to the team and runs his blood to water.  But he's an obvious weakness in the team as well.  He's a bit hair-brained at times and I don't even think he knows what he's going to do next.  I can see him being replaced by someone better in the future and ending up on the fringe of the squad.  I'd like to see us sign another attacking midfielder.  I'm afraid Luke Freeman doesn't do it for me.  There was a time a few years ago when I thought he was an amazing talent, but I think he's not quite good enough at this level, based on admittedly just a few appearances so far this season.

 

Will the Prince sanction big spending in January?  I'm not so sure about that tbh.  I think it's more likely he'll sanction big loan signings, with a view to permanent if we stay up.   There's one thing for sure though, we are more likely to attract top players from around the world, being in the position we are in now, than at the start of the season.  We're taking this seriously, despite what some pundits had said. 😉

Donald Trump?

Well, I don't think we've seen enough of Luke Freeman due to the consistently good performances of our midfield. Against Palace, I appreciate long time ago,  I thought he looked superb and  comfortable.

 

I don't go away, but by all accounts Besic looked ok against Norwich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Lyle Taylor has falling back onto United's radar. He played for us in League One a few years back without impact, in fact he struggled to get in the squad. When Clough came in to the club, he shipped him off to Falkirk.

 

It seems he has started well for Charlton this season, scoring 5 goals in 7 games. For this reason, multiple clubs are scouting him including us apparently. 

 

Do we need him? Does he bring anything more to the table than Robinson? Will he force a shirt off anyone?....debatable and perhaps just paper talk! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 06:53, Ridgewalk said:

Well, I don't think we've seen enough of Luke Freeman due to the consistently good performances of our midfield. Against Palace, I appreciate long time ago,  I thought he looked superb and  comfortable.

 

I don't go away, but by all accounts Besic looked ok against Norwich.

I saw the league cup game v Sunderland in which Besic played the full match.  I thought Besic had a decent game, although it was a very poor match from our point of view and I think he got some negative wash from that.  At the moment it seems like he's decent back up - problem is we need someone with more than that.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.