Blades January Transfer Rumours / Window?

Whilst it might seem a while away, Chris Wilder has been over in Dubai with HRH during the international break. During the meeting, CW is said to have highlighted his key areas for improvement during the next transfer window and HRH is said to be open in the idea of backing CW in his ambitions. 

HRH initially stated that significant investment in players would come into real fruition next year, should the Blades secure Premier League survival. However; it is understood that he is now willing to reconsider this, due to the blades currently sitting 5th in the league and holding their own. 

Firepower is an obvious "key" area for improvement!  We have created chances in abundance, but we haven't been putting them away! We know this, we've seen this and wilder has highlight this

as the difference between draws and wins this year. Rightly stating that there hasn't been a single game this season that we have been out of and we should have had more out of certain games.

It is said that HRH is now willing to smash all of the summers transfer records, in order to secure the right talisman. As it stands, the two main targets linked in the press are Ollie Watkins (Brentford) and Loren Moron (Real Betis). The former of the two continues to impress in the Championship (with a decent return of 7 goals in 9 games) and could be available for around £15m. Moron however is said to have a release clause in his contract, this is set at around £30m or 35m euros.

It is rumoured that CW would like at least 2-3 players through the door during the window, with a full back and CB also featuring on his wanted list. Everton have stepped up interest in John Egan recently and are said to be scouting him in the RoI set up. Chris Wilder however is under no pressure to part ways with the key player, and states that The Toffee's efforts are pointless. 

"Any players coming through the door would be to strengthen what we already have, we don't need to sell anyone and we won't be selling anyone. It's as simple as that. We have one of the best back fours in the Premier League! Why would we take anything away from that?" - CW.

There is also speculation that Wilder could also look at Midfield options, with a defensive sitting midfielder a possibility. Reports suggest that he would be open to picking up somebody versatile, with the potential to play both CB and DCM. Whilst Basham has been fantastic so far this season, it is said that he feels that potential reinforcements could be made in this area. 

With £40m plus coughed up in the summer, it is said that HRH is more than willing to cash this out again, plus more........

A very interesting and exciting window in the making!

It is worth noting however that all risks have to be calculated correctly! Relegation from the Premier league would be costly! Survival needs to be our sole aim! Securing another season in this league would ensure that all transfer spends this season are covered appropriately. 

Edited by cmonkes

I am going to remind you of the sticky at the top of this section. Any further baiting WILL result in your account being suspended.

Not that I want him to overlook these areas but we have been praised countless times already for our midfield and defence, they will need nipping up so to speak but his main focus definitely needs to be some quality finishers. Some if not all the matches we've drawn could/should have been wins if we had been able to capitalise on chances better. 

Hi cmonkes all sounds good but there are an awful lot of " it is said that" "it is rumoured that" in that message. One of McCabes criticisms of the Prince is that he didn't produce the goods. I may of course be talking absolute rubbish.

Here's hoping

4 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Hi cmonkes all sounds good but there are an awful lot of " it is said that" "it is rumoured that" in that message. One of McCabes criticisms of the Prince is that he didn't produce the goods. I may of course be talking absolute rubbish.

Here's hoping

I would have agreed with you prior to the last window.

The prince hadn't delivered the goods and McCabe outed him for him lack of contributions at one stage, ultimately it nearly led to none payment of wages. 

But.....

The last transfer window was HRH's doing.... Wilder approached the owners with a list and the new owner bankrolled his ambitions comprehensively. Wilder showed interest in £20m Mcburnie and whilst he is yet to deliver the goods, the owner opened his cheque book and made the signing. 

He has more than made up for his earlier shortfallings by investing £40m into on the field activities now. 

3 hours ago, cmonkes said:

The prince hadn't delivered the goods and McCabe outed him for him lack of contributions at one stage, ultimately it nearly led to none payment of wages. 

But.....

The last transfer window was HRH's doing.... Wilder approached the owners with a list and the new owner bankrolled his ambitions comprehensively. Wilder showed interest in £20m Mcburnie and whilst he is yet to deliver the goods, the owner opened his cheque book and made the signing. 

He has more than made up for his earlier shortfallings by investing £40m into on the field activities now. 

Ok. Fingers crossed

I don't know about rumours but one player I'd tap up for the Blades is Norwich's Onel Hernández. 

I personally don't think we should be too concerned about the Prince having to 'put his hand in his pocket in January'.

I realise there's a great deal more football still to be played but if by end of December we have continued our good form and accumulated enough points to feel comfortable that we will achieve the magic 40 then the purchases in January can be made on the back of next years Premier league income.

Lys Mousset is proving to be a real asset. If he suffers an injury (as what happened to Rob Hulse in 2007) then we could struggle. Not knocking McBurnie but we need that pace up front. 

5 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

I personally don't think we should be too concerned about the Prince having to 'put his hand in his pocket in January'.

I realise there's a great deal more football still to be played but if by end of December we have continued our good form and accumulated enough points to feel comfortable that we will achieve the magic 40 then the purchases in January can be made on the back of next years Premier league income.

Lys Mousset is proving to be a real asset. If he suffers an injury (as what happened to Rob Hulse in 2007) then we could struggle. Not knocking McBurnie but we need that pace up front. 

Our first 13 games have surely gone better than they did in 2007, hence bit of pressure off. To be honest when Sharp has entered the fray hasn't  looked out of place and Robinson looked sharp ( no pun) on Sunday in his cameo appearance, there's a player in there somewhere. Personally would like to see more ( something) of Luke Freeman. Ben Osborne should be adequate cover for one of our backs. Stearman seems to be  the forgotten  man, but he's a good defender, he's just not John Egan

On 19/11/2019 at 22:29, cmonkes said:

But.....

Not wanting to criticize or bait but it's easy to say he's put his hand in his pocket when there's 70 odd million or so of prize money sitting in the account.  Yes he backed wilder but it wasn't with his money but nothing wrong with that, I'm all for owners only spending what's been earnt 🙂

Think you could do with trying to find a new striker if anything but then going on how you've been so far maybe it might be worth going with what you have, you'll be a much more attractive option for players with a full season there.

There are a couple of outrageous names being mentioned, by quite reliable sources, I assume for loans in Jan to the end of the season.

If I get the idea that there is something of substance to the rumours, I will post back on here.

Put it this way, for one of them, even Chris Wilders legendary man-management skills would be severely put to the test............

15 minutes ago, Grappler said:

There are a couple of outrageous names being mentioned, by quite reliable sources, I assume for loans in Jan to the end of the season.

If I get the idea that there is something of substance to the rumours, I will post back on here.

Put it this way, for one of them, even Chris Wilders legendary man-management skills would be severely put to the test............

does one have them have a surname starting with B?