Sign in to follow this  

Windows 10 Sign In Problem

Linked my Microsoft account to a Windows PC a few weeks ago and everything worked fine. It ran into trouble when the latest update was installed. The Microsoft account starts not recognizing by the computer and says password is wrong. Then I changed the Microsoft account password online and set a new but the device still not let me login.

I have a local admin account on that computer but only knew the user name. Possible to use this local account for login?

On 18/11/2019 at 23:08, bustafi said:

I have a local admin account on that computer but only knew the user name. Possible to use this local account for login?

But you only know the username and you don't know the password,are there no other accounts on the computer.To login to computer,you know Safe Mode Command Prompt?Try it.

23 hours ago, JackHilton said:

But you only know the username and you don't know the password,are there no other accounts on the computer.To login to computer,you know Safe Mode Command Prompt?Try it.

not other account on the computer. what do you mean Safe Mode Command Prompt? Never find such an option on my computer.

On 22/11/2019 at 14:02, bustafi said:

not other account on the computer. what do you mean Safe Mode Command Prompt? Never find such an option on my computer.

As you said,you just know the user name,that means you don't know the password,it doesn't matter,as for what i mean by Safe Mode Command Prompt,it is called CMD,once you login to your computer,you can remove the password from your computer with it.All steps takes some time and skill.

Or how about them?

https://kon-boot.com/

https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/

They will crack the password in the shortest time.

Edited by JackHilton

On 18/11/2019 at 23:08, bustafi said:

Linked my Microsoft account to a Windows PC a few weeks ago and everything worked fine. It ran into trouble when the latest update was installed. The Microsoft account starts not recognizing by the computer and says password is wrong. Then I changed the Microsoft account password online and set a new but the device still not let me login.

Didn't contact Microsoft?

I have seen this before, and not sure what the cause is, as it hasn't happened every time....

If you change your password online, your PC still seems to use your old password for the NEXT sign-in, then updates after...

I have also noticed that if you use a local account first (with or without password) - then 'link' the MS account, it sometimes seems to work with the original local password, and NOT the MS account password that's linked...

(for example, I have NO password on my Local account, but my MS account is linked-to it, and I never need to enter my password to sign-in when I boot up)