Sign in to follow this  

Messaging On S10, Total Confusion

can SKS explain this?

Click on messages and the following appears

Change messaging app

You shall not be able to use some of Samsungs applications if you set Messages instead of Messages as your default messaging application.

Setting Messages as your default messaging app may also affect your ability to send or receive messages in which case Samsung shall not be responsible or liable

There is different icon with 3 dots in it which says:

Messages is currently your default messaging app.

Do you want to make Messages your default messaging app?

Edited by davyboy

It sounds like you have two apps both called "Messages" on your phone. Samsung want you to use their Messages app which interacts with other Samsung apps, and also probably sends lots of data to Samsung.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, by going into the Apps folder I can see two message Apps with different icons. One (with 3 dots) is Samsung's the other Google's.

Which one I've  been using  I can't say, I assumed they were just different icons of the same thing .... Messages.

Having had a look on the net it seems there are  many different message apps.

Life is getting tooo complicated.

15 hours ago, davyboy said:

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, by going into the Apps folder I can see two message Apps with different icons. One (with 3 dots) is Samsung's the other Google's.

Which one I've  been using  I can't say, I assumed they were just different icons of the same thing .... Messages.

Having had a look on the net it seems there are  many different message apps.

Life is getting tooo complicated.

if you followed samsungs nagging to create a samsung account, Then it may have auto-set you to use the Samsung one, (as opposed to the standard android/google one) - samsung account isn't worth it, remove it, sign out, hide all samsung apps, just use google/android  and life will be much simpler :)

I use an S8 and the same issues initially.

The above is good advice, no need for a Samsung account. Remove/stop as much as you can and use the standard Android ones.