Electric Oven Randomly Trips All Electrics Anyone Know Why?

My built in electric oven keeps Tripping all electrics but doesn’t do it every time.  It only does it on the main oven function not the grill. Can anyone give me any advice what it could be please?

Thanks

Faulty oven heater element. We have had this before and a new element fixed it.

Thank you for your help and now will have to find someone to change it. Thanks again 

If it's not the oven element it might be "Earth Leakage ". The Consumer Unit has a RCD -if that trips then the whole lot of protection in the unit is isolated.

Edited by petemcewan

I came across a situation (not at my home) where I went to look at an electric cooker problem with similar symptoms.

The grill pan was absent, and the residents were using the grill without it. I think they were just using aluminium foil. Of course, each time they grilled food the grease/liquids were running down the back inside, and ultimately on to the electric teminals. This tripped power as expected. 🙈

Plenty shops doing second hand ovens for under 100 pounds fitted if you dont feel like buying a new one . Come on here for 50 regular when people buy a new kitchen

Edited by spider1

I've also seen the light in the oven tripping a rcd

remove the bulb and see if it still trips

On 16/11/2019 at 12:19, Janus said:

I came across a situation (not at my home) where I went to look at an electric cooker problem with similar symptoms.

The grill pan was absent, and the residents were using the grill without it. I think they were just using aluminium foil. Of course, each time they grilled food the grease/liquids were running down the back inside, and ultimately on to the electric teminals. This tripped power as expected. 🙈

We do have grill tray and it doesn’t happen all the time but when it does it takes around three times of tripping before it stays on? 

We had similar tripping when the fan motor's rotor was prevented from going round due to pieces of carbon stuck between rotor and stator.  I suppose the current drawn was persistently high, as when a motor starts up, and it tripped due to over current. After removing the carbon everything worked ok. 

Plenty shops doing second hand ovens for under 100 pounds fitted if you dont feel like buting a new one . Come on here for 50 regular when people buy a new kitchen

NOW A TIP  .Never use a grill for doing bacon or anything greasy you are asking for trouble / Fry it in a pan  oven grills are for toast etc or to brown things  . You want a kitchen on fire keep frying bacon 

Now open all windows open oven door and turn grill on full let it smoke takes about 10 mins to burn fat of element dont panic it will clean it 

Edited by spider1