Opinion Of The Moor Xmas Tree 2019

hi i think its horrid and not of great quality,what do others think?

Too true, the decorations are absolutely abysmal as well.

I haven’t seen any of the Christmas decorations this year, but last year they were terrible !

Anyone got a pic of it so we can judge for ourselves without having to wander down the Moor?  

go on down and see it,anything after, on that day will look good,you will have a good laugh

13 minutes ago, bassett one said:

go on down and see it,anything after, on that day will look good,you will have a good laugh

It really isn't that important so I will give it a miss.

Who actually provides the tree ?  The council or Sheffield BID ?

It isn't the council that provide the tree at the Moor.

well who ever did,would do the city a favour and remove it,its horrid,been better giving free visits to santa than spending the tenner that must of cost.

Guest busdriver1

Maybe is a joke and when it gets to Christmas the real one will appear? After all its only mid november, nowhere near christmas yet 

If it is anything like last year then you have to wonder why money is being spent on it - I assume it is sometihng that costs money to buy, transport, install and dispose of

Surely an ecological and financial waste that has had its day? I dont think the Sheffield Christmas tree is a centrepiece or anything so time to retire the idea of a giant single use tree and do something creative

Dont have any great alternative ideas mind - except maybe using a Sheffield cliche and having a giant stainless steel tree outside the Town Hall and stick lights on it at Christmas - we could even have some sort of 21st Century lighting effects, maybe driven by that other great Sheffield invention Rapberry Pis? Could be proud of something like that

thats a great idea or a big oak tree at least it will be green ,if you pardon the pun after a few weeks,instead of a pile of needles