The Standard Of Driving Has Become Woeful.

Drove 20 miles today in the heavy rain and saw an unleveled amount of horrendous driving.  From near suicidal over taking to Kamikaze like impatience at Give Way signs to bumper hugging menace.  Like the line from the Joker film "Its getting crazy out there."

A word to you insufferable morons - a metal cage won't protect from harm, you are just  jelly inside.

Number of people driving without their lights on 😱😱😱

28 minutes ago, chocki said:

Or the ones who put their rear fog lights on in the rain 

1 hour ago, rudds1 said:

Or the ones who put their rear fog lights on in the rain 

And sit at traffic lights for ages blinding you with modern led brake lights, do they not have handbrakes?

And the ones who indicate as they start the turn, or after, or not at all.

2 hours ago, Class66 said:

The inside lane of the M1 between Meadowhall and Barnsley was travelling lovely this evening, whilst the second third and fourth lane was like a battle ground. These people aren't morons.... they are complete imbeciles.

Precisely,  its like a 'battle ground' and completely unnecessary as we all want to get to our point of destination without a major accident, but we appear to be under some form of mass psychological  madness. Akin to the Bird Box film narrative. 

Why do we drive so aggressively?

Have we become so detached from reality that we have we become so narcissist?

15 hours ago, chocki said:

or just front DRL's

13 hours ago, Dardandec said:

And sit at traffic lights for ages blinding you with modern led brake lights, do they not have handbrakes?

Often an Auto, too lazy to stick it in N at the lights so just sit there with a foot on the brake.

Every time I call at Meadowhead St James retail park some thing nearly happens , drivers pull out , can't park straight,don't signal,think they can cut you up etc etc,watch out !!

1 hour ago, geared said:

or just front DRL's

Often an Auto, too lazy to stick it in N at the lights so just sit there with a foot on the brake.

They are certainly pointlessly bright, when I have my brakes on and look in the rear view I can see them reflecting off signs way up the road but I suppose they serve a purpose. I have to come through the centre during rush hour and noticed since we've had the poor weather everyone just seems a little more urgent and agitated. I could POSSIBLY understand if there wasn't many people on the roads and they just wanted to be a pain and weave in and out to get home - not to condone it however but at least it would be possible albeit dangerous, but in stop start traffic you can see you're going nowhere fast just find a good station and wait it out, that's what I normally do. 

Well, as a pedestrian who is often taking my young children home: (1) drivers on a roundabout not signalling their exit at all, or very late; (2) drivers not slowing down at corners. This seems the new normal. What happened to: "If it's clear, then steer"?

People taking the "racing line" (the red one in the pic) on roundabouts is my bugbear

roundaboutv3.jpg

4 hours ago, geared said:

or just front DRL's

I drive a Toyota hybrid.   (and thus an automatic box). The handbook says you should not move it into neutral whilst waiting at traffic lights etc but hold it on the footbrake.  That's why an increasing number of cars are seen with brake lights on whilst standing.  Annoying but just look elsewhere.   And as for "fog" rear lights in heavy rain. Agreed they are not necessary on some road surfaces but where there is heavy spray these high intensity rear lamps could save lives. And they help stop people tailgating at a time when they should be leaving even greater space .