Owls To Be Charged.

On 13/03/2020 at 10:56, cmonkes said:

Am I referring to what was said prior the tuesday nights meeting? According to popular Sheffield Wednesday related talkboards (with attendees of Tuesday nights meeting), Mr Chansiri apparently swerved all things FFP related? Stating that legalities prevented him from discussing any of it. So how can he have said the polar opposite? 

What is interesting is that he appears to disregard all of the pending stuff, stating that in the short term, players will have to run contracts down due to FFP. He states that the club will have to look at younger players at the minute as opposed to signing players.....

He then goes on the further disregard everything by stating that he feels throwing money at it all, is the way to achieve promotion.....further unnerving fans due to past mistakes.

When asked and compare to Sheffid United and brentford, he was quoted to have said that "wednesday are as good as united, we just have stronger minds"......and that he wouldn't follow the successful Brenford model, because in his opinion "they don't want promotion".....

So without arguing, what exactly is this polar opposite that you refer to? My precious post was factual in relation to Chansiri's previous statements.

Excuse my ignorance but what is 'The Brentford model' and why would they not want promotion from the Championship, is it because that this is their last season at Griffin Park anything to do with any of this ?

I think the Brentford model is based upon the club studying all the statistics now available on players in order to recruit the correct players for the right positions. It maybe a little more than this.

Seems to work. 

i personally think the wolves idea is best,although I admit I don't know the cost of top loan players for 1 season,but at least we are not stuck with them if they fail,brentfords a good long term investment if you don't have any money,but we have a big money man,re the FA that's madness,but with the season and virus stoppage that will increase the season,but answers needed that's for sure.

7 hours ago, St Petre said:

Excuse my ignorance but what is 'The Brentford model' and why would they not want promotion from the Championship, is it because that this is their last season at Griffin Park anything to do with any of this ?

Brentford have a huge scouting network, they try and pick up promising young players, get them in their first team and hopefully sell them on for a profit, its kept them afloat and always hovering around the top 10, they've not quite been play off regulars yet and their away form lets them down slightly, they were looking contenders before the incidents that have put a stop to this season though.

every cloud has a silver lining so they say,well if the virus ends the season,leeds and  WBA go up like suggested,no teams go down and we are the minus 20 plus points ,that would be a great result,how about that folks possible?

6 hours ago, bassett one said:

every cloud has a silver lining so they say,well if the virus ends the season,leeds and  WBA go up like suggested,no teams go down and we are the minus 20 plus points ,that would be a great result,how about that folks possible?

So let's all be thankful for Corona virus so Wednesday can remain in the Championship.

There are times where people should just ask the mods to delete certain posts. 

4 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

So let's all be thankful for Corona virus so Wednesday can remain in the Championship.

There are times where people should just ask the mods to delete certain posts. 

😂

Theres still a charge to face and still a consequence to be paid,should it be proven,and theres no telling what that consequence might be

12 hours ago, bassett one said:

What? If only it were that simple.

If DC is found guilty, we'll start next season with a points deficit, or in League One, or both.

hi all it was tongue in cheek my idea ,don't mean to upset anyone,but the whole lot of football and the world is in turmoil with this and  more at stake than just games of football,lets hope we all get through this situation to see our teams next season.

The owner and some of his ex-staff have been cleared of any charge by the EFL this evening. Charges against the club have still to be decided.

Well its round one chansiri,but the charges against the club remain and must still be faced in due course

Sounds like the EFL clutching at straws.