Owls To Be Charged.

32 minutes ago, Moistened said:

Those who disagree with FFP,  wouldn't asking the clubs in the league if they want them or not? 

If it goes to a vote, surely the few clubs with ridiculously rich owners vote against it, and those with modest to low spending power vote for it. 

Oh wait, that already happened, and it'd  go the same way again, as most owners of Championship clubs would know that it'd give an advantage to the few considerably richer than them.

Get over it. 

Like I said they probably wanted it but how its been handled is dreadful, parachute payments allow failed clubs to splash big money on players, this inflates transfer fees making it more difficult for teams restricted by it to compete, in the years since it was introduced the cost for a top line championship striker has gone from around £4m to £10m + but the allowed spend has stayed the same, it also causes the cost of tickets in the Championship to be more expensive than the top flight - the whole thing is ludicrous.

to equal it all up,why cannot all teams spend the same as those with parachute payments,no more ,no less,then it would be a level playing field so to speak,everyone equal,BUT every team must show they can afford to spend the amounts they intend to spend each year,say the owners put up 3 years spending in the bank as proof,those unable to raise those amounts can enter there intentions and a annual amount,leaving it open to increase up to the max if they wish each year,making it fair to all.

Article on Skysports about clubs wanting a serious points deduction if Wednesday are found to be in the wrong over the sale of Hillsborough.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/11933677/sheffield-wednesday-clubs-demand-points-deduction-over-sale-of-hillsborough-to-dejphon-chansiri

Edited by iansheff

It would be an absolute blow to the players and local managers if they were relegated because of the charges. Just have to keep rolling and hoping for the best.

2 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

It would be a blow to everybody associated with Sheffield Wednesday, who weren't involved in any of the antics........

Break rules, cheat the system.....get caught.....MAN UP and accept the punishment! Simple!

If you know you've done wrong. Chansiri believes we have proof we haven't so just have to hope he's right.

It is just a rehash of old news and speculation

It absolutely won't happen, Wednesday fans have told me so. 

On 14/02/2020 at 18:12, Moistened said:

It absolutely won't happen, Wednesday fans have told me so. 

No ones said it won't happen, its not been proven yet and until it is I won't talk about it as if its fact.

10 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

No ones said it won't happen, its not been proven yet and until it is I won't talk about it as if its fact.

Exactly. I didn't think we stood a chance, Derby challenging it gives me hope but nothing has been proven, we'll cross that bridge if it happens and if it comes to a point deduction then so be it

According to a link in the link below, Wednesdays Lawyer Nick De Marco QC has met with the EFL

Under his profile on Blackstone Chambers.com it says:

Sheffield Wednesday FC v EFL EFL League Arbitration Panel, February 2020

Nick represented the Championship football club in proceedings challenging the lawfulness of disciplinary charges brought by the EFL in relation to Profit and Sustainability financial fair play rules.

It also says he is representing Derby.

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news/update-on-sheffield-wednesdays-case-against-efl-could-be-imminent-top-sports-lawyer-involved/

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

According to a link in the link below, Wednesdays Lawyer Nick De Marco QC has met with the EFL

Under his profile on Blackstone Chambers.com it says:

Sheffield Wednesday FC v EFL EFL League Arbitration Panel, February 2020

Nick represented the Championship football club in proceedings challenging the lawfulness of disciplinary charges brought by the EFL in relation to Profit and Sustainability financial fair play rules.

It also says he is representing Derby.

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news/update-on-sheffield-wednesdays-case-against-efl-could-be-imminent-top-sports-lawyer-involved/

I don't know why he's bothered, according to some on here were already guilty!!!

In the real world this was a presentation of our defence to the arbitrary panel.