Owls To Be Charged.

6 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

He can only comment when there's something to tell tbf. The club are probably as in the dark as the fans as to when any decision will be made

Well even that would help.

But the fact you are using the word 'probably' means the club may not know any more. The club should ask the authorities and then pass on their answer.

I cannot believe just how Wednesdayites are willing to be taken as mugs.   

1 hour ago, abbeyedges said:

But the fact you are using the word 'probably' means the club may not know any more. The club should ask the authorities and then pass on their answer.

We don't know they haven't asked. The action the club took when we we're charged has slowed the process down. I'm not going to criticise the club on things no one knows has or hasn't happened.

2 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

If this has gone legal and there are many pointers to say it has, the chairman will have to be very careful what he says publicly.

7 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

If this has gone legal and there are many pointers to say it has, the chairman will have to be very careful what he says publicly.

There are Wednesdayites on here and on Football Heaven / Praise & Grumble desperate to know what's going on at your football club.

Mr Chansiri if he's a true leader, and let's face it he's not shown any evidence so far, should come out and say something. Even if it's a statement along the lines of -

'I cannot report anything due to legal reasons but I can assure you I will be the first to let you know as soon as we hear something'.

He's so quick to talk when he wants money from you all but not when you're wanting something from him. 

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

He stated himself that his priority at the minute, is to offload the club to potential new suitors. He was getting a great amount of stick from the fans, aimed at both himself and his family when attended games (apparently). In the more recent light of club failings, perhaps a large extent of "unrest" is justified. But, Mr Chansiri wasn't an happy man at the time and his knee jerk wasn't so much to address the fans as such, but to announce his intentions to sell up and move on.

(All of the above is correct as of statements and media sources).

Mr Chansiri's statement of intent re: challenging the EFL, has won a few on side. However it will only be short lived as the clubs breaches do appear to be sticking and being upheld. Will they be the final straw for the owner? I feel so personally.....and whilst it's only my own humble opinion, I feel that the chairman is plotting his exit for when the punishment is dealt. The only problem being that it doesn't make the club a very attractive proposition for buyers.

Spreading lies again, a few fans had a meeting with the chairman on Tuesday evening (invited in after they'd emailed their concerns) the statement above is the opposite to what he said.

This season should be scrapped now because of the Coronavirus.

On 12/03/2020 at 20:45, NERVY-OWL said:

We don't know they haven't asked. The action the club took when we we're charged has slowed the process down. I'm not going to criticise the club on things no one knows has or hasn't happened.

There have been 2 insightful articles in the Athletic this week about the case.

The efl seems intent on continuing the prosecution and want to do it quickly so the deduction is known before the end of the season.

It also said the clubs legal strategy is to cause as much delay as possible, it’s the same QC that worked on the QPR case and that went on for 4 years.

It also set out the punishments as they are pre-determined to an extent. For the £18m loss it’s 12 points, then upto another 9 points for ‘deceit’.

I think it’s a dangerous thing to delay it, especially when a re-building job is required in the Summer. What decent players would sign on the back of a points deduction?

7 hours ago, Westie1889 said:

The efl seems intent on continuing the prosecution and want to do it quickly so the deduction is known before the end of the season.

It also said the clubs legal strategy is to cause as much delay as possible, it’s the same QC that worked on the QPR case and that went on for 4 years.

It also set out the punishments as they are pre-determined to an extent. For the £18m loss it’s 12 points, then upto another 9 points for ‘deceit’.

I think it’s a dangerous thing to delay it, especially when a re-building job is required in the Summer. What decent players would sign on the back of a points deduction?

To be fair the Athletic article was pure guesswork and based in info that was already in the public domain, they know no more about the case than you or I. Had the EFL got the evidence they say they have I’m sure it would have been concluded much quicker.

8 hours ago, Westie1889 said:

No one knows what evidence chansiri has. If he feels there's more than enough to challenge the EFL then he should, if he's doing it as a delaying tactic then I agree we should of just took the punishment and moved on. Of course only the club and EFL know the ins and outs of the case so no point speculating, 

On 13/03/2020 at 10:56, cmonkes said:

Am I referring to what was said prior the tuesday nights meeting? According to popular Sheffield Wednesday related talkboards (with attendees of Tuesday nights meeting), Mr Chansiri apparently swerved all things FFP related? Stating that legalities prevented him from discussing any of it. So how can he have said the polar opposite? 

What is interesting is that he appears to disregard all of the pending stuff, stating that in the short term, players will have to run contracts down due to FFP. He states that the club will have to look at younger players at the minute as opposed to signing players.....

He then goes on the further disregard everything by stating that he feels throwing money at it all, is the way to achieve promotion.....further unnerving fans due to past mistakes.

When asked and compare to Sheffid United and brentford, he was quoted to have said that "wednesday are as good as united, we just have stronger minds"......and that he wouldn't follow the successful Brenford model, because in his opinion "they don't want promotion".....

So without arguing, what exactly is this polar opposite that you refer to? My precious post was factual in relation to Chansiri's previous statements.

Excuse my ignorance but what is 'The Brentford model' and why would they not want promotion from the Championship, is it because that this is their last season at Griffin Park anything to do with any of this ?

I think the Brentford model is based upon the club studying all the statistics now available on players in order to recruit the correct players for the right positions. It maybe a little more than this.

Seems to work. 

i personally think the wolves idea is best,although I admit I don't know the cost of top loan players for 1 season,but at least we are not stuck with them if they fail,brentfords a good long term investment if you don't have any money,but we have a big money man,re the FA that's madness,but with the season and virus stoppage that will increase the season,but answers needed that's for sure.