Owls To Be Charged.

On 23/01/2020 at 15:48, Brooker11 said:

Like I said they probably wanted it but how its been handled is dreadful, parachute payments allow failed clubs to splash big money on players, this inflates transfer fees making it more difficult for teams restricted by it to compete, in the years since it was introduced the cost for a top line championship striker has gone from around £4m to £10m + but the allowed spend has stayed the same, it also causes the cost of tickets in the Championship to be more expensive than the top flight - the whole thing is ludicrous.

Difficult but not impossible. See Sheffield United, Huddersfield, Leeds, Forest, all who are up or challenging to be up without parachutes. For all the money spent by Wednesday, we never got close to the top 2 in terms of points. 

As for ticket prices, The cost of Wednesday's tickets are ridiculous and it's nothing to do with parachute payments. Few if any charge as much as we do

Parachute payments didn't do much good for such as Sunderland or Wigan, and don't seen to be helping Stoke or Huddersfield, plenty of other examples. It not about having and spending money (even money you don't have) , it's about spending what you have well and knowing what you are doing with it.

Richard

Edited by Vasquez Rich

WHEN is decision day for our fate,hope its soon and can we appeal?

6 hours ago, Vasquez Rich said:

Parachute payments didn't do much good for such as Sunderland or Wigan, and don't seen to be helping Stoke or Huddersfield, plenty of other examples. It not about having and spending money (even money you don't have) , it's about spending what you have well and knowing what you are doing with it.

Richard

How teams do with parachute payments is not the issue, Sunderland spent money in advance of getting them hence the mess they are in now, it also inflates the transfer market making it even more difficult for teams that don't get them to compete.

reading this today ,I think its a total scandal,how can they keep us waiting so long?,if it was man utd ect ,it wouldn't even of got this far is my first thought,then man citys episode came to mind,what are they going to do wait until may,will 4 go down or 7 teams ,its madness a change at the FA is needed in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, bassett one said:

reading this today ,I think its a total scandal,how can they keep us waiting so long?,if it was man utd ect ,it wouldn't even of got this far is my first thought,then man citys episode came to mind,what are they going to do wait until may,will 4 go down or 7 teams ,its madness a change at the FA is needed in my opinion.

Agree Bassy.

Wants sorting as quick as possible, it's like having the Sword Of Damocles hanging over our heads.

The EFL are waiting for the right time to apply the points deduction 

They will wait until Wednesday have enough points in the bag so the deduction doesn’t relegate them.

Had Wednesday been playing a bit better with plenty of points then the EFL would have already applied the deduction 

By the way, my house is for sale, it’s a bog standard semi detached house in Sheffield 6, needs lots of repairs. Asking price? a snip at £2.5 million

50 minutes ago, MillerMike said:

The EFL are waiting for the right time to apply the points deduction 

They will wait until Wednesday have enough points in the bag so the deduction doesn’t relegate them.

Had Wednesday been playing a bit better with plenty of points then the EFL would have already applied the deduction 

By the way, my house is for sale, it’s a bog standard semi detached house in Sheffield 6, needs lots of repairs. Asking price? a snip at £2.5 million

Is it near a psychiatric unit.

Simply not true.  They are obliged to issue their ruling by the fourth Tuesday (or it might be Thursday - one of the two) in March.  This is precisely what happened last season with Birmingham, and their 12 point deduction was applied immediately.

Wednesday are being treated no different to anyone else.

so you predict a answer by 24th/26 march,but if I am correct theres 3 teams ,but what happens if they all appeal?,what if all 3 were relegated ,that would cause big problems for us even more.

Am I correct in thinking you've already appealed. The decision has to be accepted. 

4 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Am I correct in thinking you've already appealed. The decision has to be accepted. 

Don't think we have, we have took then to court over it which might of delayed things but not decision has been made to appeal as far as I know. Don't know if we can appeal when a decision is made though