Owls To Be Charged.

26 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I've raked over this ground many times, I can't be bothered to do it again, anyone who thinks these rules are good for the game isn't a football fan, some above are just spouting hot air because of who it is, McCabe has used every trick in the book to divert losses away from SUFC, its lost him his club and a lot of cash in the end.

This is a thread about Wednesdays possible punishment for skirting around the FFP. Why do you feel that you always have to deflect onto United? You claim McCabe has used every trick but these must have been legal as United have never been punished. Or are Scarborough Holdings an ‘only on paper’ company too? Why don’t you try staying on thread for once and just keeping this about Chansiri’s possible infringements of EFL FFP and not bringing rivals into it without any hard facts/proof which you require others to provide. Or is it again a one sided blue tinted view from yourself?  Would you be saying EFL we’re turning Championship into a farce if the investigations were against another team that provided you with a better chance of promotion? No you wouldn’t. You’d be calling them out for what they are. 

Edited by DaMan

every team should be able to spend what they like,no one tells the public how they spend there cash do they? big firms or any other company can spend there cash as they wish,its silly,if the teams folding is a issue,let the owner pay a block of cash to guarantee against failure,they do that with  holiday companys dont they.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

Why do you keep turning this towards Sheffield United? And to be fair you statement makes little sense at all either......we've never cheated the system like you lot have.

You keep going on about how the rules are no good for the game.....yet Sheffield Wednesday voted in favour of them in the first place, just like the majority of EFL clubs. Highly contradictionary .....

You can argue til the sun goes down......Chansiri has been caught out for cheating! And rightly so!!! And I hope he gets punished heavily for it!!

Again talking FACTS.....

IF the sale of the ground had been sorted at the period in which Mr Chansiri states, then he would'nt have made a public statement in which, he told fans to prepare for sanctions as a result of FFP breaches......It would'nt have been an issue.

IF the proposed sale was agreed in principal and all was financially well....the club would'nt have withheld accounts from the EFL, way beyond the deadline!

Guilty as sin!....any sound minded, no biased person can see this! If anything, they deserve greater punishment for the attempted cover up and for questioning the EFL's decision.

Your getting over excited again, go and have a lie down.

I'd prefer to wait for the independent body to make judgement than some armchair Blades kangaroo court. If they decide against the club so be it, all the chairman has done is try to invest his own money in the company he owns, the fact he can't do that is unprecedented in the business world and will kill the Championship as a copetition.

8 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I've raked over this ground many times, I can't be bothered to do it again, anyone who thinks these rules are good for the game isn't a football fan, some above are just spouting hot air because of who it is, McCabe has used every trick in the book to divert losses away from SUFC, its lost him his club and a lot of cash in the end.

Right. Not sure what McCabe has to do with anything, but it seems other clubs are managing just fine, and playing by the rules. 

Seems to me that Wednesday fans are just looking for someone to blame, rather than looking at the ridiculous way they're being run. I do think most are starting to see it for what it is though, Chansiri is getting less popular every day in Hillsborough! 

2 hours ago, Moistened said:

Right. Not sure what McCabe has to do with anything, but it seems other clubs are managing just fine, and playing by the rules. 

Seems to me that Wednesday fans are just looking for someone to blame, rather than looking at the ridiculous way they're being run. I do think most are starting to see it for what it is though, Chansiri is getting less popular every day in Hillsborough! 

It’s not all Wednesday fans looking for someone to blame. Some are accepting they’ve made an error. Whilst others will always look to deflect any bad publicity elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, cmonkes said:

So we are not allowed an opinion yet you are? You are pretty adamant that the EFL are to blame, despite evidence being analysed and proving otherwise. 

As for the chairman wanting to invest money. As I pointed out and will point out over and over again......A vote was held in which all members of the EFL had to option to vote either in favour, or against the introduction of FFP rules. The result of which was staggeringly in favour of the introduction, in order to safeguard the future of the sport......Sheffield Wednesday themselves voted in favour.....FACT.

Sheffield Wednesday then tried to gain an advantage over others by splashing the cash and exploiting as many loopholes as possible.....FACT again!....They didn't have to do this! Teams have shown that success can be achieved, whilst staying in line with the rules and regulations!!....FACT 

They perhaps hope for a Leicester result, in which they achieved the goal of PL football before any sanctions and punishments were handed out. Mr Chansiri himself had to come out publically and address the fans, stating that the club were about to weather a storm due to breaches of FFP rules!....This being due to the clubs failings to achieve promotion!

Championship football is a loss making game! And clubs need protection, because the only people suffering are the fans. The rules and ruining the game, it is the actions of certain clubs that are!....The league would be a level playing field had it not been for the exploitation of rules by greedy owners.

I am perfectly within my rights to have an opinion on evidence and verdicts, that are widely available in the public eye. You've been found guilty and it is pretty transparent why!!....If you want to talk business, then why not accept that you guys voted in favour for and signed an agreement to adhere to the rules. But then breached this agreement and contract on multiple occasions....that is what has gone on here! The EFL haven't move the goalposts! The agreement has always been the same.

95% of EFL clubs have been able to comply with rules and regulations, whilst staying competitive on the football pitch!...So you need to ask yourselves why Sheffield Wednesday haven't?? Why have clubs been able to create sound business plans and recruit sensibly? Why have clubs built successful promotion winning teams on less than you lot have shelled out on single players?.....

The answer is pretty clear......poor management!

We haven't been found guilty except in your head, the independent panel haven't made a decision yet, Simon Jordan on Talksport this evening said the EFL are in the wrong. Have a listen.

3 hours ago, DaMan said:

It’s not all Wednesday fans looking for someone to blame. Some are accepting they’ve made an error. Whilst others will always look to deflect any bad publicity elsewhere. 

Oh, I know, like I said, I think a lot of Wednesday fans are starting to see Mr *cringe* Chansiri for what he is. 

all the teams accused need a answer soon,as it needs sorting

On 21/01/2020 at 13:14, cmonkes said:

So we are not allowed an opinion yet you are? You are pretty adamant that the EFL are to blame, despite evidence being analysed and proving otherwise. 

As for the chairman wanting to invest money. As I pointed out and will point out over and over again......A vote was held in which all members of the EFL had to option to vote either in favour, or against the introduction of FFP rules. The result of which was staggeringly in favour of the introduction, in order to safeguard the future of the sport......Sheffield Wednesday themselves voted in favour.....FACT.

Sheffield Wednesday then tried to gain an advantage over others by splashing the cash and exploiting as many loopholes as possible.....FACT again!....They didn't have to do this! Teams have shown that success can be achieved, whilst staying in line with the rules and regulations!!....FACT 

They perhaps hope for a Leicester result, in which they achieved the goal of PL football before any sanctions and punishments were handed out. Mr Chansiri himself had to come out publically and address the fans, stating that the club were about to weather a storm due to breaches of FFP rules!....This being due to the clubs failings to achieve promotion!

Championship football is a loss making game! And clubs need protection, because the only people suffering are the fans. The rules and ruining the game, it is the actions of certain clubs that are!....The league would be a level playing field had it not been for the exploitation of rules by greedy owners.

I am perfectly within my rights to have an opinion on evidence and verdicts, that are widely available in the public eye. You've been found guilty and it is pretty transparent why!!....If you want to talk business, then why not accept that you guys voted in favour for and signed an agreement to adhere to the rules. But then breached this agreement and contract on multiple occasions....that is what has gone on here! The EFL haven't move the goalposts! The agreement has always been the same.

95% of EFL clubs have been able to comply with rules and regulations, whilst staying competitive on the football pitch!...So you need to ask yourselves why Sheffield Wednesday haven't?? Why have clubs been able to create sound business plans and recruit sensibly? Why have clubs built successful promotion winning teams on less than you lot have shelled out on single players?.....

The answer is pretty clear......poor management!

Agree with alot of that but club's wouldn't be able to exploit loopholes if they aren't there, that's the league's fault. Also no one knows what evidence we or Derby have on this, I was dubious when the chairman said he was going to challenge it but now Derby have said pretty much the same thing about the sale of theirs so you never know.

If we are found guilty then we just have to accept it and start making better choices as a club, it needs to be a wake-up call whatever the outcome

13 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Agree with alot of that but club's wouldn't be able to exploit loopholes if they aren't there, that's the league's fault. Also no one knows what evidence we or Derby have on this, I was dubious when the chairman said he was going to challenge it but now Derby have said pretty much the same thing about the sale of theirs so you never know.

If we are found guilty then we just have to accept it and start making better choices as a club, it needs to be a wake-up call whatever the outcome

In principle the rules are a good idea but the EFL's hamfisted handling of them is shambolic I'm fairly sure that if a few clubs challenged the ruling in court it would be overturned.

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Those who disagree with FFP,  wouldn't asking the clubs in the league if they want them or not? 

If it goes to a vote, surely the few clubs with ridiculously rich owners vote against it, and those with modest to low spending power vote for it. 

Oh wait, that already happened, and it'd  go the same way again, as most owners of Championship clubs would know that it'd give an advantage to the few considerably richer than them.

Get over it. 

Edited by Moistened

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

In principle the rules are a good idea but the EFL's hamfisted handling of them is shambolic I'm fairly sure that if a few clubs challenged the ruling in court it would be overturned.

Yea I get why they have introduced it but I don't like how the EFL are dealing with it also will never be fair while relegated club's get the parachute payments