Owls To Be Charged.

21 minutes ago, atticus said:

The date of the sale isn’t in dispute , it’s there in the land registry documents. Good luck in trying to con the EFL in to thinking otherwise 

The date of the actual sale is irrelevant if it can be proved that an agreement to sell was in place before a specified date.

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

The date of the actual sale is irrelevant if it can be proved that an agreement to sell was in place before a specified date.

Isn’t the issue that the company who bought the ground was created 12 months after date Owls are claiming the sale was agreed on? That was one of the stories being bandied about.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-hillsborough-sale-has-appeased-efl-land-registry-update-raises-more-questions-491462

Edited by DaMan

7 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

So what you’re saying is that if Chansari can prove that he had an agreement to sell the club to himself before the date he registered it then all will be fine ? 
Bit of a farce .

It is basically an EFL screw up. Prior to 2017 EFL Rules specifically excluded profit from the sale of assets ( ground etc ) from the FFP figures . However the EFL changed their rules to bring them more in line with the Premiership BUT they forgot to include the sale of assets clause . This was first spotted by Derby then a few others including Wednesday took advantage of it . The EFL have yet to realise that when your in a hole stop digging as  this has the potential to cost them millions

On 17/01/2020 at 23:49, atticus said:

So what you’re saying is that if Chansari can prove that he had an agreement to sell the club to himself before the date he registered it then all will be fine ? 
Bit of a farce .

Not really, businesses do things like this all the time.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Not really, businesses do things like this all the time.

I hope for your fans sake that Wednesday are as innocent as you think they are. 

3 minutes ago, Moistened said:

I hope for your fans sake that Wednesday are as innocent as you think they are. 

Why, if we get a punishment we take it on the chin and move on, I'll still watch games whatever.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

lets hope the whole sorry mess is sorted asap

The EFL are turning the Championship into a farce.

21 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Why, if we get a punishment we take it on the chin and move on, I'll still watch games whatever.

I'd expect no less! 

9 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

The EFL are turning the Championship into a farce.

Why do you feel that it's not the club's fault? 

As I see it Wednesday have trued to bend the rules  d taxis Elev8. Etc 

10 hours ago, Moistened said:

I'd expect no less! 

Why do you feel that it's not the club's fault? 

I've raked over this ground many times, I can't be bothered to do it again, anyone who thinks these rules are good for the game isn't a football fan, some above are just spouting hot air because of who it is, McCabe has used every trick in the book to divert losses away from SUFC, its lost him his club and a lot of cash in the end.