Owls To Be Charged.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

just hope telling the FA that we are correct and although they make the rules dont know them ,it doesnt come back two fold,i have supported the owls since my first game in 1960 as a five year old,that was a great season,then the bad times,ect,ect.but this confuses me in some ways,i always thought it fair that if had cash you could invest it as you please,but if they are that worried about clubs folding,why not have a separate bank where you put in the same as you spend to ensure theres no one going to lose money.

Its the EFL not the FA, it shows what modern football has come down to when theres more talk of this than the team etc, boardroom matters rarely had to be discussed back in the day, sad really.

8 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

How can you expect Blades fans to post on here when the natch is in progress when we are at the match?

Or is the new football fan of the 21st century someone who is a fan of a club but doesn't actually support them.

Lol at new age fan, I was watching football in Sheffield when both clubs were in Div 1 and both Liverpool teams were in Div 2. As far as physical support is concerned, that is not so easy when you have lived 3500 miles away for the last 38 years. I do take in a game ,however, when I come over during the season.

6 hours ago, Michael_W said:

True though, some of you 'Mighty' blades fans are still obsessed with Wednesday despite the wonderful season your having in the premier League, you would have thought that might have took the edge off the continual bitterness many of you still display. Anyway despite the plight of our club us Wednesday fans will still follow our team points deducted or whatever, we always have done, always of the belief that sooner or later we will put 'dem Blades' back in the place they belong as the 2nd club in this city, an afterthought with little or no story, formed to make use of a cricket ground ..... enjoy your moment !

Bitterness? That post stinks of it! 😂

But I'll leave you to never think or speak about the Blades like a true Wednesday fan! Oh wait... 😂 

It's really hurting isn't it? 

Edited by Moistened

Back on topic please. The sniping can cease or I can close the thread. Your choice. 

why 21 points,any idea why that would be the punishment?

19 minutes ago, bassett one said:

why 21 points,any idea why that would be the punishment?

That's worst case points deduction I believe, there's a range of punishment they could use if they are found to do any wrong doing

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

As the reality of stiff punishment looms on the horizon, suddenly it looks as though Sheffield Wednesday may have very little to play for this season. A 21 point deduction would write off any chances of success this season and may well even prove costly......

Which begs the question.....

Thousands of fans dogged deep into pockets in the summer, only to be let down by the boardroom antics of the club. Many of these fans coughed up in hope of success, any points deduction would ensure that they dont get this.

Should fans have to stand for monies paid and see out a potential "nothing season". This isn't a dig in the slightest, I am a football fan and I will always fight for the football fan. We work hard for our money and the sport exploits us enough as it is....

Should season tickets be refunded? 

The parachute payments to relegated clubs from the Sky League are a  bigger issue than owners putting their own money into clubs . If that is not an unfair advantage then what is .

Edited by TomMix

1 hour ago, TomMix said:

The parachute payments to relegated clubs from the Sky League are a  bigger issue than owners putting their own money into clubs . If that is not an unfair advantage then what is .

Until clubs can get players to accept a massive cut to their wages if they are relegated then parachute payments are here to stay.

Championship clubs actually voted in favour of the P & S rules that are supposed to be in place to protect clubs from losing too much money.

59 minutes ago, atticus said:

Until clubs can get players to accept a massive cut to their wages if they are relegated then parachute payments are here to stay.

Championship clubs actually voted in favour of the P & S rules that are supposed to be in place to protect clubs from losing too much money.

I haven't got a problem with parachute payments as such but it shouldn't count towards the club's p+s rules. Maybe put aside by the league incase the relegated club is struggling but if a club can't afford to keep high earners they should be sold, like we had to when we didn't get anything for going down

On 08/12/2019 at 20:47, NERVY-OWL said:

I haven't got a problem with parachute payments as such but it shouldn't count towards the club's p+s rules. Maybe put aside by the league incase the relegated club is struggling but if a club can't afford to keep high earners they should be sold, like we had to when we didn't get anything for going down

I think the problem now is that the players hold all the Aces.

Some players with no ambition are quite  happy to drop down a division and play the remainder of their contract out whilst picking up daft amounts of money and there's nothing the clubs can do about it other than pay the players contracts up.

The Owls have been mentioned as one of the clubs that could be in big financial trouble on radio 5 this morning , the puzzling thing is that  if the EFL left them alone they would not have a  problem .

it seems to be getting worse by the day,any idea when they tell us our fate?