Owls To Be Charged.

21 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

Not sure whether it's relevant to your argument but Graham Mackrell faced manslaughter charges (?) in Preston even though he wasn't still at the club. 

Although having said that 'the club' no longer existed as it was wound up in 1990 and re-formed. I suppose that's opening another can of worms.

True but that was an individual charged in a criminal court ........corporate manslaughter charges could not be brought against the club after it reformed itself ......even if there was sufficient evidence at the time to do so which the Taylor report said not I think.

I attach below if anyone is interested a link to the statement from the Independent disciplinary committee on the Birmingham case .

You can see the initial toings andd froings vis the makeup of that committee and the delays which ensuued . As SWFC have said they are challenging the various charges I can imagine similar happening given it looks as if SWFC have the right to nominate their own representative to be part of the committee......wonder who that will be .....as someone indicated earlier Perry Mason perhaps a  good choice 

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c79763f8e2174f4fb87200a371abf5fa/190322---efl-v-bcfc---decision---final.pdf

This report makes interesting reading if anyone can be bothered to do so

21 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

True but that was an individual charged in a criminal court ........corporate manslaughter charges could not be brought against the club after it reformed itself ......even if there was sufficient evidence at the time to do so which the Taylor report said not I think.

I attach below if anyone is interested a link to the statement from the Independent disciplinary committee on the Birmingham case .

You can see the initial toings andd froings vis the makeup of that committee and the delays which ensuued . As SWFC have said they are challenging the various charges I can imagine similar happening given it looks as if SWFC have the right to nominate their own representative to be part of the committee......wonder who that will be .....as someone indicated earlier Perry Mason perhaps a  good choice 

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c79763f8e2174f4fb87200a371abf5fa/190322---efl-v-bcfc---decision---final.pdf

This report makes interesting reading if anyone can be bothered to do so

Thanks for that attachment. As you say it makes interesting reading. Must admit I thought it may well have been a document that 'went over my head' but it was clear, concise and written in layman's terms.

Interesting that there seems to be a formula between the level of financial losses over the 3 years and the points deduction.

just hope we win,as often when you appeal or upset the FA ie like appealing against a football card,they double the ban,but i take it the big boss has top lawyers ect,to look at loop holes in the FA rules,so we will have to await a decision on the whole horrid affair,pity we didnt spend more and go up and that would of solved the problem.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

just hope we win,as often when you appeal or upset the FA ie like appealing against a football card,they double the ban,but i take it the big boss has top lawyers ect,to look at loop holes in the FA rules,so we will have to await a decision on the whole horrid affair,pity we didnt spend more and go up and that would of solved the problem.

Just to be clear all of this has nothing to do with the FA...the rules belong to EFL and all clubs sign up to them  every season,,,,, by the way you havent yet answered the various questions asked of you as to what evidence you have to say that Chansiri is a successful business man....or do you accept there is no such evidence ? 

23 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Just to be clear all of this has nothing to do with the FA...the rules belong to EFL and all clubs sign up to them  every season,,,,, by the way you havent yet answered the various questions asked of you as to what evidence you have to say that Chansiri is a successful business man....or do you accept there is no such evidence ? 

There is a lot of so called successful business men buying football clubs around these parts without much evidence as to where the source of the funds come from .

59 minutes ago, TomMix said:

There is a lot of so called successful business men buying football clubs around these parts without much evidence as to where the source of the funds come from .

Lol there are more Unitedites posting long posts on here than the current Blades game which is in progress right now. 😉

Edited by Ontarian1981

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Lol there are more Unitedites posting long posts on here than the current Blades game which is in progress right now. 😉

'twas  ever thus.

Edited by Jim Hardie

9 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

How can you expect Blades fans to post on here when the natch is in progress when we are at the match?

Or is the new football fan of the 21st century someone who is a fan of a club but doesn't actually support them.

13 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

About as predictable as they come! The standard auto response when a fan of an opposing team dares to comment on their rivals. 

Anyway, I've not been keeping up to date with this, when is your points deduction? 

1 minute ago, Moistened said:

About as predictable as they come! The standard auto response when a fan of an opposing team dares to comment on their rivals. 

Anyway, I've not been keeping up to date with this, when is your points deduction? 

True though, some of you 'Mighty' blades fans are still obsessed with Wednesday despite the wonderful season your having in the premier League, you would have thought that might have took the edge off the continual bitterness many of you still display. Anyway despite the plight of our club us Wednesday fans will still follow our team points deducted or whatever, we always have done, always of the belief that sooner or later we will put 'dem Blades' back in the place they belong as the 2nd club in this city, an afterthought with little or no story, formed to make use of a cricket ground ..... enjoy your moment !

just hope telling the FA that we are correct and although they make the rules dont know them ,it doesnt come back two fold,i have supported the owls since my first game in 1960 as a five year old,that was a great season,then the bad times,ect,ect.but this confuses me in some ways,i always thought it fair that if had cash you could invest it as you please,but if they are that worried about clubs folding,why not have a separate bank where you put in the same as you spend to ensure theres no one going to lose money.

2 hours ago, Michael_W said:

True though, some of you 'Mighty' blades fans are still obsessed with Wednesday despite the wonderful season your having in the premier League, you would have thought that might have took the edge off the continual bitterness many of you still display. Anyway despite the plight of our club us Wednesday fans will still follow our team points deducted or whatever, we always have done, always of the belief that sooner or later we will put 'dem Blades' back in the place they belong as the 2nd club in this city, an afterthought with little or no story, formed to make use of a cricket ground ..... enjoy your moment !

All those mentions of the Blades. A bit ironic don't you think ?