Owls To Be Charged.

47 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Below is a link to a statement that the club have issued.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/club-statement/

It seems to me that the EFL may well have sanctioned the sale of the ground to Mr Chansiri but they certainly wouldn't have authorised putting that sale in a previous years accounts.

21 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

It seems to me that the EFL may well have sanctioned the sale of the ground to Mr Chansiri but they certainly wouldn't have authorised putting that sale in a previous years accounts.

I think this is the crux of the matter; getting an agreement that they could sell the ground to themselves to fudge the figures (which if the EFL agreed to, will no doubt anger some people),  but then putting the sale into the previous years accounts, and in the process, selling the ground to a company that appears to have been incorporated a day after Chancer signed off the books (which included the sale). 

I would also find it hard to believe that if the EFL did indeed go along with the scheme to sell the ground back to the owner, that it would sanction 60 million as the value, when the book value was around a third of that.

SWFC vs the EFL, interesting times we live in. 

Thanks for adding some more 'meat' to my point Grapps.

I listen to P&G but never contribute but tonight I've been screaming at the radio as the presenter (Mike?) never brought up this argument and allowed the Wednesdayites to continue their love-in with Mr Chansiri.

1 hour ago, Grappler said:

I think this is the crux of the matter; getting an agreement that they could sell the ground to themselves to fudge the figures (which if the EFL agreed to, will no doubt anger some people),  but then putting the sale into the previous years accounts, and in the process, selling the ground to a company that appears to have been incorporated a day after Chancer signed off the books (which included the sale). 

I would also find it hard to believe that if the EFL did indeed go along with the scheme to sell the ground back to the owner, that it would sanction 60 million as the value, when the book value was around a third of that.

SWFC vs the EFL, interesting times we live in. 

But the accounts have been signed off the auditors. I’d imagine that they might also be reaching for their lawyers if the EFL proceed. Damage to their professional reputation could be very costly. This has the potential to get very messy. The stakes are high for the EFL and for Wednesday.

I can see it taking a couple of years for this to play out properly. There will be the EFL hearings. Presumably Wednesday will bring court action. Then there’s the prospect of the loser appealing.

At the end of it all is the football club that I pay a lot of money to watch. This season is getting weird, the football is good, but the shadow of a points deduction renders it all a bit meaningless.  I can see next season being the same.

The club is heading the right way on the pitch, I just hope they can start to do things properly off it. And in the meantime, I’ve got everything crossed that the outcome of the battle with the EFL is swift and not too damaging.

I’m sure that you Blades won’t share my hopes.

A massive gamble by Chansiri. Hope he's retained Perry Mason and not Adam Barlow.

If what is alleged is true about the dates of the sale, the dates of the accounts, and the date of the buying company coming into existence. then the auditors may be in a bit of trouble also. Both sides can't be right in this dispute, and in my experience, telling the guys who make the rules that their rules are wrong, rarely ends well.

Richard

3 minutes ago, Vasquez Rich said:

If what is alleged is true about the dates of the sale, the dates of the accounts, and the date of the buying company coming into existence. then the auditors may be in a bit of trouble also. Both sides can't be right in this dispute, and in my experience, telling the guys who make the rules that their rules are wrong, rarely ends well.

Richard

I thought Mr Chansiri was struggling to find auditors to sign off the accounts in the format he wanted them. Hence one of the reasons the accounts were late in being submitted

46 minutes ago, Vasquez Rich said:

Richard

A bit like Brexit eh!!!!!

whilst everyone concentrates on the fact that Chansiri has been charged with misconduct then the EFL have also charged John Redgate ,,,,,,currently still the clubs finance director albeit not on the board as such ,,,,,,and against Katrien Meire . She resigned from her directorship at SWFC in February 2019 and before the date when the 17/18 accounts should have been originally submitted,,,,,,nothing heard from her since and suggestion is she now the chief operating manager at Club Bruges in Belgium.Maybe she has signed some sort of confidentiality agreement as nothing heard on her re SWFC since.......that said one wonders of her role in all of this .

how the EFL can hope to proceed against someone who appears to have nothing whatsoever to do with SWFC or indeed any other club coming under the EFL doctrine who knows. Gather she's a lawyer as well so no doubt she will know how to proceed. What part Mr Redwood has played is open to conjecture apart from his role as Finance Director...any thoughts? 

7 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

whilst everyone concentrates on the fact that Chansiri has been charged with misconduct then the EFL have also charged John Redgate ,,,,,,currently still the clubs finance director albeit not on the board as such ,,,,,,and against Katrien Meire . She resigned from her directorship at SWFC in February 2019 and before the date when the 17/18 accounts should have been originally submitted,,,,,,nothing heard from her since and suggestion is she now the chief operating manager at Club Bruges in Belgium.Maybe she has signed some sort of confidentiality agreement as nothing heard on her re SWFC since.......that said one wonders of her role in all of this .

how the EFL can hope to proceed against someone who appears to have nothing whatsoever to do with SWFC or indeed any other club coming under the EFL doctrine who knows. Gather she's a lawyer as well so no doubt she will know how to proceed. What part Mr Redwood has played is open to conjecture apart from his role as Finance Director...any thoughts? 

Not sure whether it's relevant to your argument but Graham Mackrell faced manslaughter charges (?) in Preston even though he wasn't still at the club. 

Although having said that 'the club' no longer existed as it was wound up in 1990 and re-formed. I suppose that's opening another can of worms.

Edited by abbeyedges