Owls To Be Charged.

On 17/11/2019 at 13:41, kevvy said:

I didn't say I'd want to see Wednesday go "out of existence".   I said if they or any other Club break the rules they should be punished .

I know, I was replying to the other post not yours. They should and probably will be

if we get into trouble we must sack our advisers//accountants ect ,i cannot believe a multimillionaire would have people who dont do the correct paperwork by law,seems someones made a mistake? but who?

41 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

I don't for one minute believe this to be a mistake. The club are claiming that the same happened, prior to the public statement in which Chansiri spoke of pending FFP problems. If this was the case, the Chansiri wouldnt have had any pending FFP woes at that point. Publicly dug himself a hole there!

Forgive me if I know less about my own club than you do, but what is the club claiming happened prior to the public statement?

According to the exclusive article below, Dejphon Chansiri, Sheffield Wednesday chairman could be banned from football over stadium deal.  It also says that finance director John Redgate and Wednesday’s former chief executive, Katrien Meire, have all been charged and could be banned from football if found guilty by an independent panel.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/02/exclusive-sheffield-wednesday-chairman-could-banned-football/

Edited by iansheff

I will only have sympathy for my fellow fans. Chansiri was an idiot for this and either ignored/or wasn't advised accordingly. I'm sure we'll end up with a points deduction that will send us down...or worse they'll just drop us into the lower leagues.

If we are found guilty, Chansiri should be banned from Football and the rest of the idiots involved.

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND that such a top business man,with the best lawers/accountants can make such a silly mistake or did they think the FA are idiots?

17 minutes ago, bassett one said:

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND that such a top business man,with the best lawers/accountants can make such a silly mistake or did they think the FA are idiots?

That pre-supposes that top businessman are all honest and above board. I suspect that a lot of them are a bit dodgy and get a God complex. Narcissistic personalities.

Some time ago I posted on here that Mr Chansiri was Wednesday's biggest liability.

Of course there were Wednesdayites who wouldn't hear anything bad said about the guy.

but hes been successfull at all his businesses ,so that should of stood us in good stead,but it seems otherwise,lets hope we are proved okay,but when do we find out?

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

but hes been successfull at all his businesses ,so that should of stood us in good stead,but it seems otherwise,lets hope we are proved okay,but when do we find out?

exactly which of HIS businesses have been successful ....forget please the rest of his family that doesnt count. Answers on a fag packet please....?

The worst part is that this is going to have a negative impact on the players and coaches and will most certainly affect their play. Imagine this: "what if we do win today, the league will just take away the points anyway, so why bother? " That is not to say they will deliberately lose games, but it will be hard for them mentally to go all out in a game and give that little extra.

It will be a real shame for all concerned, players, fans and everyone innocently affected by the wheelings and dealings of corrupt business people.

Edited by Ontarian1981
Spelling

12 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

The worst part is that this is going to have a negative impact on the players and coaches and will most certainly affect their play. Imagine this: "what if we do win today, the league will just take away the points anyway, so why bother? " That is not to say they will deliberately lose games, but it will be hard for them mentally to go all out in a game and give that little extra.

It will be a real shame for all concerned, players, fans and everyone innocently affected by the wheelings and fealings of corrupt business people.

That is why the EFL should get it sorted out ASAP,   it is not fair to the fans having to wait till say April then finding a points deduction almost at the end of the season. The fans have a right to know and the EFL should say when the hearings are taking place and get on with them.