Owls To Be Charged.

4 hours ago, iansheff said:

But they were penalised with the embargo last year so if they are given one again they are being punished twice for the same thing. I don't know who has smashed a mirror or killed a black cat down at Hillsborough, what with Forestieri's treatment, the way the council are trying to create problems and now this.

Don't think it works like that. It's a 3 year rolling period and you can fall foul of it every year. 

As for the ground situation that's ridiculous, Wednesdayites and away fans been exiting at leppings lane for years with no more than a bit of handbags yet because of a badly handled Sheffield derby (badly handled by the police) Hillsborough is now an exclusion zone on match day

4 hours ago, TomMix said:

It does seem strange that the Owls keep getting a kicking  from the Council .the Police, The EFL, and the courts .Perhaps its time for Chansari to call it a day  ,he has had his fingers burnt over and over again inc the Steve Bruce fiasco . He could liquidate the club and walk .

Why would he want to liquidate the club and walk away? he would lose millions!

On 15/11/2019 at 13:36, redbig said:

Absolutely...

If the EFL saw fit to go down that road, would you really want Wednesday to go out of existence? 

Wouldn't wish that on the blades, languish in League two yes, but not go bust 

Of course not. I'm being facetious. There's plenty of Blades hoping and praying though, no doubt.

On 15/11/2019 at 15:45, Ontarian1981 said:

"Are there no prisons,are there no workhouses?" Lol

I forgot about those. Bring 'em back I say!

1 minute ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I forgot about those. Bring 'em back I say!

I's almost that Scrooge time again eh? :D

We'll manage. We always do. I've said it loads of times, I'm happy in the Championship. 

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules.

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

We'll manage. We always do. I've said it loads of times, I'm happy in the Championship. 

Yep not fussed if it costs us promotion. What will be will be. 

On 15/11/2019 at 22:32, prince al said:

What about Hinchcliffe? He was a “character “.

Bit vague in that one was he another " interesting " character ? We've had so many.

Sam Hashimi early 1990s around the Bassett era was included in the documentary series about the Blades, ( as was Woolhouse), was more of a tragi/comedic character, who changed sex at least twice, was detained under the Mental Health Act and served a prison sentence.

There was a book written by  Mathew  Bell,  about the ownership shenanigans surrounding United,  book was called Fit and Proper, bought it several years ago, it was quite astonishing actually some of the detail.

Might order it at Library and read it again

I recollect reading about the sheer profligacy of the owners at the time, the lavish self indulgent lifestyle and lack of concern for anything else

Apologies if above breeches guidelines, just seen your message further up. That said the book was written and the TV documentary is in the public domaine

20 hours ago, TomMix said:

It does seem strange that the Owls keep getting a kicking  from the Council .the Police, The EFL, and the courts .Perhaps its time for Chansari to call it a day  ,he has had his fingers burnt over and over again inc the Steve Bruce fiasco . He could liquidate the club and walk .

The owners of all clubs have the final say in most things and supporters are the bread and butter ie no supporters no club. What can any supporter do ?

I read the article in the link below and found it quite interesting and linking a lot of the problems with clubs such as Wednesday,  Derby and Reading who are trying to compete with the clubs relegated from the PL and their parachute payments. According to the article, Stoke City spent in excess of £50m during the summer and January transfer windows during the 2018/19 season following their relegation from the Premier League.

One particular paragraph I agree with is that clubs should have clauses in players contracts that they get a cut in their wages if they are relegated. It isn't like they would be put on the poverty line is it if that was to happen.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-parachute-payment-issue-3544245

On 15/11/2019 at 13:36, redbig said:

Absolutely...

If the EFL saw fit to go down that road, would you really want Wednesday to go out of existence? 

Wouldn't wish that on the blades, languish in League two yes, but not go bust 

I didn't say I'd want to see Wednesday go "out of existence".   I said if they or any other Club break the rules they should be punished .