Owls To Be Charged.

what about the other clubs that have sold there grounds,are they not being charged?

1 minute ago, bassett one said:

what about the other clubs that have sold there grounds,are they not being charged?

From reading EFL statement it's more about the timings/date of sale that has caused Owls to be charged.  Villa and Derby sold their ground in the same year as their accounts were filed.  Seems Chansiri filed sale in an earlier year despite dates on the land registry being after the accounts were filed.

30 minutes ago, DaMan said:

From reading EFL statement it's more about the timings/date of sale that has caused Owls to be charged.  Villa and Derby sold their ground in the same year as their accounts were filed.  Seems Chansiri filed sale in an earlier year despite dates on the land registry being after the accounts were filed.

In other words, simpleton's error.

I mentioned a few times that the "books were cooked" and there was a mistake in them.  Looks like someone spotted that mistake (I didn't read the books, by the way, but someone I know said, "by the way, did you see....", etc.).

The EFL would have had no choice but to investigate, with glaring errors like that.

"Selling" the ground, trying to back date the sale, selling to a company that were incorporated after the supposed sale went ahead, and the glaring error in the books.

A points deduction and a transfer embargo won't be the end of the world anyway, too many poor teams in the Championship to lose sleep over. 

4 hours ago, DaMan said:

Well they are going to "vigorously defend" the charges, so everything will be OK. 😶👍

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

I guess Speedy69 and Brooker 11 finally get the official EFL link that they asked for when I created a post regarding this.

My point remains the same regarding any breach of rules! Cheats should'nt prosper! Anyone found to be cheating should be hit with the heaviest of sanctions! Large fines and point deductions are a must! 

Let's just consider the reasons behind the said breach! This was'nt merely a club "bending the rules" in order to stay afloat in tough times. This is a club that has placed all of their eggs in one basket, a club who have thrown excessive amounts at achieving success, amounts that would only proce to be ambitious should the club not achieve success!.

The club knew this and Mr Chansiri was quite open regarding it all. He explained to fans a long while ago that the club was heading towards a breach of FFP rules and that drastic measures would have to be made in order to balance the books.....explaining that immediate strategies would have to be taken in an attempt to bridge the gaps.

I urge the EFL to dig a bit deeper with all of the financial activities at the club. I feel personally that the club should also be asked to produce evidence relating the the sponsors. The self production and sponsorship of the shirt was sound business sense, however the Taxi company and Energy drinks companies are yet to exist or conduct any business, both of which being set up by the owner in order to self fund the club.

It's all good and well certain individuals stating that the rules are stupid and "there to be bended and broken". But honest clubs are'nt getting a fair crack of the whip! The rules are'nt overly flexible, but were laid out in order to protect the status of clubs, whilst promoting a fair, level and competitive playing field. Regardless of how stupid you believe the rules and regulations to be, breaching them is nothing short of unfair and cheating.

Well done to the chairs of other clubs, who rightly asked for the EFL to investigate and take action. Why should they adhere to the rules and conduct themselves correctly, whilst others are blatantly exploiting them in order to jump a foot on the ladder?? .....Why should they post operating losses and struggle to improve squads, whilst other splash out large amounts of cash, in full knowledge that they are doing wrong?

I am 100% certain that owls fans will take objection to my thoughts and opinions, but nothing I have posted in this post strays away from the facts outlined bt the EFL and I am perfectly within my rights to have an opinion on them.

I urge large sanctions! The EFL and investigated and have found ample irregularities, sufficient enough to charge the club. I feel that these findings should be used to further investigate the clubs dealings!.....This needs to stop! Action needs to be taken to stop it happening in future! It is'nt just a breach, but wholesale breaches in complete knowledge that they were doing so.....It is time to act EFL!

Take it you're a Blade ? Did you show the same passion towards justice when the WBA game was abandoned after all the sending offs and injuries ?

As for Wednesday, Just another questionable decision by the club in the last few years. Ticket prices, transfer policy, shirt fiasco, Embargo, selling the ground. We're probably as far away from promotion now as we were when the current owners took over. Expect a points deduction but I read something last night that said expulsion from the league was an option under that rule ?

48 minutes ago, redbig said:

Take it you're a Blade ? Did you show the same passion towards justice when the WBA game was abandoned after all the sending offs and injuries ?

As for Wednesday, Just another questionable decision by the club in the last few years. Ticket prices, transfer policy, shirt fiasco, Embargo, selling the ground. We're probably as far away from promotion now as we were when the current owners took over. Expect a points deduction but I read something last night that said expulsion from the league was an option under that rule ?

Of course he's a Blade and he deserves to make the points that he has posted. There were Wednesdayites on this forum not accepting what he said weeks ago.

There was the usual 'heads in the sand' attitude. Ignore it, it'll go away.

Stop focusing on things outside your circles of influence such as P&S and parachute payments. Get you club in order, play to the rules, pay wages you can afford and you never know you could one day be 5th in the Premier league.

I must admit the appointment of Gary Monk made me think that Chansiri needed someone that has had to play a certain amount of a season with a points penalty.

As far as the Battle of Bramall Lane is concerned the Blades didn't benefit from that at all. WBA walked away with all three points.

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

I guess Speedy69 and Brooker 11 finally get the official EFL link that they asked for when I created a post regarding this.

My point remains the same regarding any breach of rules! Cheats should'nt prosper! Anyone found to be cheating should be hit with the heaviest of sanctions! Large fines and point deductions are a must! 

Let's just consider the reasons behind the said breach! This was'nt merely a club "bending the rules" in order to stay afloat in tough times. This is a club that has placed all of their eggs in one basket, a club who have thrown excessive amounts at achieving success, amounts that would only proce to be ambitious should the club not achieve success!.

The club knew this and Mr Chansiri was quite open regarding it all. He explained to fans a long while ago that the club was heading towards a breach of FFP rules and that drastic measures would have to be made in order to balance the books.....explaining that immediate strategies would have to be taken in an attempt to bridge the gaps.

I urge the EFL to dig a bit deeper with all of the financial activities at the club. I feel personally that the club should also be asked to produce evidence relating the the sponsors. The self production and sponsorship of the shirt was sound business sense, however the Taxi company and Energy drinks companies are yet to exist or conduct any business, both of which being set up by the owner in order to self fund the club.

It's all good and well certain individuals stating that the rules are stupid and "there to be bended and broken". But honest clubs are'nt getting a fair crack of the whip! The rules are'nt overly flexible, but were laid out in order to protect the status of clubs, whilst promoting a fair, level and competitive playing field. Regardless of how stupid you believe the rules and regulations to be, breaching them is nothing short of unfair and cheating.

Well done to the chairs of other clubs, who rightly asked for the EFL to investigate and take action. Why should they adhere to the rules and conduct themselves correctly, whilst others are blatantly exploiting them in order to jump a foot on the ladder?? .....Why should they post operating losses and struggle to improve squads, whilst other splash out large amounts of cash, in full knowledge that they are doing wrong?

I am 100% certain that owls fans will take objection to my thoughts and opinions, but nothing I have posted in this post strays away from the facts outlined bt the EFL and I am perfectly within my rights to have an opinion on them.

I urge large sanctions! The EFL and investigated and have found ample irregularities, sufficient enough to charge the club. I feel that these findings should be used to further investigate the clubs dealings!.....This needs to stop! Action needs to be taken to stop it happening in future! It is'nt just a breach, but wholesale breaches in complete knowledge that they were doing so.....It is time to act EFL!

The club are not guilty YET, they may well be but as of yet are not. They were also not bending the rules to stay afloat that's nonsense the chairman merely wanted to spend his own money on his own club. How can it be promoting a fair and level playing field when they are throwing money at teams that have been relegated? Say what you like but the rules are a nonsense, I hope a time comes when a few clubs who are affected (the numbers are growing) mount a legal challenge and get the whole thing overturned.

i am suprised that a multi million pound owner,with huge companys ,can have such top accountants that they can make such basic mistakes as to not work round the rules ,like other teams re-the sale of the ground,why?

2 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Of course he's a Blade and he deserves to make the points that he has posted. There were Wednesdayites on this forum not accepting what he said weeks ago.

There was the usual 'heads in the sand' attitude. Ignore it, it'll go away.

Stop focusing on things outside your circles of influence such as P&S and parachute payments. Get you club in order, play to the rules, pay wages you can afford and you never know you could one day be 5th in the Premier league.

I must admit the appointment of Gary Monk made me think that Chansiri needed someone that has had to play a certain amount of a season with a points penalty.

As far as the Battle of Bramall Lane is concerned the Blades didn't benefit from that at all. WBA walked away with all three points.

So just to confirm, he's a blade, and you are too. That explains the crusader for Justice attitude

Whether they are Blades are not is irrelevant. If Wednesday or any other team break the rules they should be punished.

Reading the link it seems the problem is when they registered the sale.  I've No problem with him selling the ground, it's not cheating as people seem to believe. My issue is chansiri had been banging on about us struggling to satisfy FFP rules for a long time, did he leave it until last minute for the sale and ran out of time to put it in the correct year accounts? If so that was very poor. It should of easily been done long before there would of been an issue.

Expect a points deduction but unless it's a stupid amount vi can't see it effecting our promotion/relegation chances

Edited by NERVY-OWL

6 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Even notwithstanding my red and white glasses you make a convincing case.

This didn’t ought to be a matter of inter Sheffield tribal rivalry.

Whats right is right and wrong is wrong

Edited by Ridgewalk