What If A Member Of Royal Family Was A Pedo?

As per title, if there was evidence and witnesses to suggest a member of British royal family was a pedo, should that be investigated by the authorities in the UK, or would (should?) such an individual be above the law?

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

As per title, if there was evidence and witnesses to suggest a member of British royal family was a pedo, should that be investigated by the authorities in the UK, or would (should?) such an individual be above the law?

Wasn't a prominent Royal linked to  Jeffrey Epstein? Maybe he is being investigated as we speak.

13 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Wasn't a prominent Royal linked to  Jeffrey Epstein? Maybe he is being investigated as we speak.

I believe Prince Andrew.

I’m highly sceptical though, and don’t imagine there will be any serious attempt to investigate and bring him to justice. Or at least, any such attempts will be stymied.

The legal justice system is only applicable to those without power and influence?

Just been watching this.

Sickening how the rich and powerful can so easily escape justice.

Edited by Waldo

Buckingham Palace issued a statement denying there were any issues in that respect.

But what if 'Buckingham Palace' don't know what he gets up to behind closed doors? Just issue the statement anyway because to suggest a Royal could be involved in such acts is preposterous!

13 hours ago, Waldo said:

Are you suggesting that the queen is a pedo, as she is the only member of the royal family who is above the law?

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Are you suggesting that the queen is a pedo, as she is the only member of the royal family who is above the law?

Hmm. Well...

I said a member of the royal family, not, a member of the royal family who is above the law.

My reference to ‘above the law’, very much related to the question of would (or should?) such an individual be above the law.

Struggling to see how you’d arrive at the conclusion that I’m suggesting anything regarding the Queen, just from what I said here TC.

Edited by Waldo

There have long been rumours that a few members of the extended royal family, (and the Government) belong to a pedo ring. Going back to the 1980s.

Never been proved.

But then they have the whole of the Secret Service to make sure nothing gets out.  

If a member of the public (let's just say me for example), went to the police with alegations of child sexual abuse, how would the S S prevent me from doing that?

Edited by Janus

17 hours ago, Waldo said:

Usually the investigation would depend under whose jurisdiction the alleged offence was comitted - eg if in the US Virgin Islands then it would be investigated by US authorities.

31 minutes ago, Janus said:

If a member of the public (let's just say me for example), went to the police with alegations of child sexual abuse, how would the S S prevent me from doing that?

They wouldn't. However there are many many cases of child abuse that have been reported to the police but not acted upon. Especially if they are claiming it was by a famous person.

If it is acted upon, (and post new legislation the Police are now duty bound,)  there are many ways in which the secret service can hinder an investigation. It's what they do. Files go missing or are redacted, people are threatened, witnesses are villified and discredited etc etc. Do a bit  of research into a few cases and you'll see how it works.

Take the case of Jimmy Saville. Many complaints were made against him but not investigated. It was only when they got round to joining the dots after his death that a picture begin to emerge. If you think that has nothing to do with this case, Jimmy Saville was a procuror, as (allegedly) was Epstein. Saville was also a close friend of Royalty, Politicians, the great and the good.

Note he was never connvicted. but then neither was Sir Cyril Smith but both were dead by the time they got round to it. Dead men tell no tails.  

Edited by Anna B

18 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

But weren't  this girl in question around 17 or 18,   hardly  a child.

No person in this country should be above the law. Royal or not we are ALL human, with all the faults that humans have. It really is as simple as that imho.

Angel1