Vp Bays On Earl Marshall Road

1 hour ago, geared said:

They should be able to enforce against private individuals painting their own parking restrictions on the public highway though?

Indeed they can.  So, whoever is concerned should contact the officer named in post #12 and check whether the bays have been installed in accordance with planning approvals.

23 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Indeed they can.  So, whoever is concerned should contact the officer named in post #12 and check whether the bays have been installed in accordance with planning approvals.

It's not so much I'm concerned more that I've never seen VP bays on the public highway. I'll talk to one of the councillors next time I see one.

1 hour ago, geared said:

Looking through some of the planning documents you can see a couple of plans where the visitor parking bays have been included in the drawings, there's also a few where the resolution is so poor you can't make them out.

Since these plans were approved the marked bays were also approved.  The question is why have the council allowed this?

One of the officers involved has their contact info in the planning documents so you could contact them?

Mark Simons

Principal Highways Development Control Officer

Highways Maintenance Client

Sheffield City Council

0114 273 6369

[email protected]

Thanks for looking. It's not a major concern but if I see any of the local councillors I'll mention it.

I've seen the bays in question; the painting is a little sloppy but given the positioning of the bays on a sloping hill, I can forgive that.

I've not seen any cars parking in the bays yet . . . looks like the signs are having the desired effect 😀