Viruses Doing The Rounds

Yes just got rid of it for the 3rd time this year. Luckily I didn't lose my voice this time round. Each time it lasted 6 weeks in total.  I tried all the home remedies to no avail but I know my immune system isn't doing well at the moment due to another ongoing illness.  

Regular paracetamol and Sudofed , plenty of fluids, keep warm and TLC from someone - that's all you can do.  Gargling, honey and lemon drinks won't cause any harm and will make you feel as though you're doing something.  I've had it for almost a week now - still croaking and coughing.

Edited by Daven

is this real or not.

It says it's real. But the clue is in the word "Processed".

Edited by petemcewan

I've had it/got it!   Recommend lots of red wine!   May not cure the bug, but after a few glasses you don't care!  😁

Can't really offer much advice I'm afraid but would love an update on how long it takes to get better! I've had this for past 3 days and all the usual tricks (plenty fluids, rest, paracetamol) not really shifting it 😕

I'm just recovering now RoseP.  I've Had it for about 3 weeks. It got worse before it got better. I did what was advised, paracetamol, drinking, rest and I'm finally recovering.  The night times were awful, cough cough cough, coughing  got that bad, I was making mYself sick. Went to pharmacy who gave me a cough medicine which is when I started feeling better, Chest pain, back pain, headache! Horrible, awful. Debilitating, very weak. Hope that's last I see of it

Well I'd better get used to it for a bit then!! Wouldn't wish this on anyone. Thanks for the info....good you're better  now 👍

Any viral infection will have to run it’s course so all you can do is treat symptoms. Various over the counter/dietary treatments available to help boost immunity- I find Propolus works for me

On 16/11/2019 at 19:38, kaytie said:

I've had it/got it!   Recommend lots of red wine!   May not cure the bug, but after a few glasses you don't care!  😁

Best advice so far - if I had a really streaming cold I found six pints (beer, not wine!) and then off to bed was the best cure.

Not red wine-makes the headache worse but white can make recovery tolerable 😀

I havnt caught a cold, but I have had a sore throat and a cough. How have I caught it, by touching something or via someone breathing their germs in my direction?

I would guess that I caught it via an airbourne germ/virus. Got me thinking about this bug that has caused 6/7 schools to close in my local area, for a 'deep clean'.

What is the point of a deep clean if most germs are airbourne.