Viruses Doing The Rounds

Ughh I am hoping it is on its way out I started feeling sniffly friday night remained the same until monday morning when I woke up with ache's all over sneezing and start of a sore throat and a fever going really hot then freezing its now Thursday the aches have about gone and the sore throat doesn't seem to bad no sniffles been making sure I eat plenty and drink a lot and I have being gargling apple cider vinegar and drinking cinnamon I think it has helped a lot with cold & flu tablets

I haven't heard of any confirmed cases of 'flu yet - you've probably had the nasty cold that many people, including me, have had.

Hope you feel better soon.

When you are better make sure you get your 'flu jab.

Regards

Thank you! Yes I think it is a nasty cold of some sort :( I think I will go and get a flu jab when I feel better thanks Daven

Has anyone had the awful virus doing the rounds. I've got an awful hacking dry cough and that's all I do cough, cough, cough. A temperature, feel weak, aching etc.etc. 

Any recommendations for getting rid? Don't want to waste doctors time and take up an appointment someone else could need a lot more than me

Boil some water.  Let it cool so that it doesn't burn your mouth.  Pour water into a pint glass or similar & add 3 teaspoons of salt.  Gargle until all the water has gone.  Repeat every 4 hours. 

Salt water will kill off any germs. 

Guest makapaka
16 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Boil some water.  Let it cool so that it doesn't burn your mouth.  Pour water into a pint glass or similar & add 3 teaspoons of salt.  Gargle until all the water has gone.  Repeat every 4 hours. 

Salt water will kill off any germs. 

This won't work - it will taste awful though.

I've had a cold recently too - took paracetamol until it went.

Go to your local pharmacy. Ask there, they know what they are talking about.

I like to get lots of citrus fruit in then chop some up put in a glass, heat water while hot, pour over the fruit let it stew for a few minutes, then add honey. This always works for me whenI have cold. Also Olbas oil on pillow helps clear your nasal passages.

Garlic ...it’s a natural antibiotic and expectorant . Drink with homemade lemon and honey .

14 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

May help a sore throat. I don't suppose it would help the OPs symptoms (cough, temperature, feeling weak, aching) 

Well it'll sort the sore throat out.