Sheffield Music History - Interview

I would like to share with the community that I've been interviewed by the Sheffield Telegraph on my Sheffield music history artwork. The print captures 400+ local artists for the past five decades.

The feature interview is focused on the creative process behind the print's creation and my love for Sheffield's music.

You can read the interview here: https://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/new-artwork-captures-sheffields-music-history-past-five-decades-921302

I hope you don't mind me sharing this. I'm very grateful with Sheffield because of the very positive response that the artwork has been receiving. 

I'd love to know your thoughts and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Congratulations.

It wasn't what I expected to see, I was thinking a photo or picture collage, which would have also been good. 

However, when you see your work, and the hours that have gone in to that, and the tons of information there, it is something to behold.  It's a great homage to Sheffield musicians past and present and it's good to see so many of their names, sitting together, as a visual record.  It's also a great starting point, as I can imagine lots of people seeing names and then googling them and finding out even more about Sheffield's vast musical heritage.  I think it would be of particular interest to the large number of students that come to Sheffield every year, so they know they are in good company and, who knows, might inspire our next generations on to do great things, musically.   I also like how you've got the different genres of music clearly represented, and the circles that conjure up old vinyl singles and more modern CDs as well, but also, the fluidity and infinite possibilities of music and the co-dependence of musicians and their influencers.

Well done again.

Edited by Lex Luthor