Sign in to follow this  

John Lewis Carpark Closed

Does anyone know if this is a long term thing or just for today ? 

Are they making the parking spaces even narrower so they can get more cars in?  

What a disastrous design that place is.  Constructed of High Alumina Cement initially and designed to maximise the number of parking spaces possible, without due regard for how people might actually get in and out of their car when parked.

A few years ago my dearest took my car and parked up in there.  Someone came and parked really close on the drivers side,  so close that she couldn't get back in.  On the other side, there was a wall.  There was a slightly bigger gap, but again not big enough to get in.  I had to lower the passenger side window and get my other half to lean through, let the handbrake off and put it into neutral, whilst I stood behind the car and let it gently roll out of the parking space.  Lucky we were on a slight slope!  As the car started to emerge and pick up traction she had to dive back in through the window and yank the handbrake on.

Quite a dangerous manoeuvre!  It was manageable with the sporty little number I had back then, but I'm not sure I'd fancy doing it with my Land Rover!

Image result for flattened man cartoon

Edited by DerbyTup

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

What a disastrous design that place is.  Constructed of High Alumina Cement initially and designed to maximise the number of parking spaces possible, without due regard for how people might actually get in and out of their car when parked.

A few years ago my dearest took my car and parked up in there.  Someone came and parked really close on the drivers side,  so close that she couldn't get back in.  On the other side, there was a wall.  There was a slightly bigger gap, but again not big enough to get in.  I had to lower the passenger side window and get my other half to lean through, let the handbrake off and put it into neutral, whilst I stood behind the car and let it gently roll out of the parking space.  Lucky we were on a slight slope!  As the car started to emerge and pick up traction she had to dive back in through the window and yank the handbrake on.

Quite a dangerous manoeuvre!  It was manageable with the sporty little number I had back then, but I'm not sure I'd fancy doing it with my Land Rover!

He drives a Land Rover if you didn’t catch the point of that story by the way. 

Edited by makapaka

3 hours ago, northernboy said:

It will be reopening today (Wednesday)

Thank you Northern boy .

2 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

Image result for flattened man cartoon

Space no 1 used to designated as "Small Car Only".

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Space no 1 used to designated as "Small Car Only".

Big mistake.

Expect a full specification update of his Land Rover anytime soon. Probably starting with the general dimensions leading to full run-down of add-on's he paid dealer for.