Sign in to follow this  

Shares In Sheffield United

What with the current legal machinations about shares and ownership of Sheffield United and the increased value of the club with regard to Premier League status I wondered if anyone knew what the sort of legal status is of the shares the fans bought years ago that were taken off the market and cannot afaik be traded and have no quoted value.

Its currently being reported that the legal wrangle with the prince includes £52m of shares being offered to him for £5m and that was their worth before promotion to Premier League so the 5p shares must be worth at least 6p by now.

I was left a original United share by my uncle, we had some good banter going between us me being an Owl and all that. He used to say I'm going to leave you my United share,  then you can go and see a proper team play at least once a fortnight.

Saved me a good few quid that share over the years,  I've been told that this is the last free season for original share holders.