Skype Sign In Problem

Can anyone help me please? I have used Skype for years to keep in touch with family overseas, I some how must have signed myself out and now when I try to sign in its telling me it has to send me a code but its trying to send it to a email address that I stopped using many years ago and I have tried to change it to one I use now but it keeps going to the old email address. Can anyone tell me how I can recitfy this problem. Thanks.

Hello swarfendor, Thanks for replying. I managed to get to talk to Skype through live chat and was talking with them for about 45 minutes just going round in circles. Finally I had to change my password but it will take around a month for it to activate. I think I will have to try opening a new Skype account using a different name. I only wanted to change my recovery email address to one I use now. Regards Alan.

Why not log in to old e mail address  see if its still open / [ did it with one of mine in a similar cercumstance

Hello Spider,

I stopped using the old email because it been hacked. think thats the word. Regards Alan.

Okay but it may still be live with the code on it     or try any you you had even type in the old e mail see what happens 

Edited by spider1

Hello spider no its not recognising it when I try signing in. Thanks anyway. Alan.

if you type in to google skype customer service it will give you a phone number  and its free calls 24 ..7

Hello spider,

Already spoke to Skype. if you look back at post 3. I'm still logged in  to Skype on my tablet so must remember not to sign out. I was trying to Skype on my laptop when this problem occured. Thanks for getting back to me. Alan.

It's likely that the skype account is linked to that email address, you will either have to regain access to the email, or contact Skype support via the logged-in one (tablet) - or change your email address from that logged-in one!

or, you know, stop using a buggy, out-dated, insecure piece of software, and move away from Skype full stop!