Clumber Park Entry On Foot

Thinking of parking up in Worksop and doing some runs through the park. Does anyone know, if there is a charge to enter Clumber park on foot?

45 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Thinking of parking up in Worksop and doing some runs through the park. Does anyone know, if there is a charge to enter Clumber park on foot?

No. It's free for pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders and members. 

7 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

In the summer they were trying to charge but we just said we had already paid when entering and was having a walk. We was let in no questions. Doubt that be the case now as it be too cold for them to bother with that

8 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

It’s £5 per adult, unless you are a member.

I’ve no idea how they would charge you though, as it is simple to bypass the charging points on foot.

However, they do need money to

keep the park nice.

Isn't it public footpaths or bridleways? Surely they can't charge people to walk (or run) on a public footpaths?

7 hours ago, Waldo said:

Isn't it public footpaths or bridleways? Surely they can't charge people to walk (or run) on a public footpaths?

I’m not aware of any public footpaths. Lime Tree Avenue is a public road, though.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen them trying to charge anyone for walking through the pay gates.  I don’t see how they could possibly know whether you’ve paid before, or not.

Just do what lots of people do, park on Lime Tree Avenue and run from there. Or, consider getting a National Trust membership, then you can go in for free whenever. 

The National Trust patrol the park issuing tickets to cars parked on their land. That includes Limetree Ave which is a public road but the land belongs to the trust. Pedestrians can park their cars outside the park and then walk in for free. Or as Pettytom said, why not become a member? It's good value for money, there are miles of paths to explore and the scenery is beautiful. 

I've cycled through without being charged.  I thought the charge was for car parking.

But I've seen a family of cyclists charged this year. I suppose you could sneak in via Hardwick village but you might have to park a distance away.

Seems a bit of a faff to avoid a fiver though.

Did my run this morning; trying to get off the Worksop HM route; and wow, absolutely gorgeous place for a run.

Also, I asked about entry on foot, and got the following reply:

Thank you for your enquiry. I can confirm that there is no charge for entering Clumber Park on foot. The appropriate entrance fees will be charged for any individual entering the Park by vehicle.

53 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Did my run this morning; trying to get off the Worksop HM route; and wow, absolutely gorgeous place for a run.

It’s a nice place, it bet it looked lovely this morning.

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

I might have seen you then, I spent the morning there, walking with the dog.

Glad you enjoyed it. It is a truly beautiful place.