Jump to content

Driving With Dog On Lap

Recommended Posts

At 10 am a blue Suzuki car taking ages to turn right from moss way up to mosborough lights,and I found out why ,she was driving with a black dog jumping up down on her lap.how on earth can you concentrate on driving like that,it’s probably explains why the passengers side was all smashed in.is it against the law to drive like this?.......as bad as driving on the phone..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On cargo ships,  sometimes dogs were trained as lookouts and would bark when they saw another ship approaching. This would enable the crew to attend to other less monotonous jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the 70's my Jack Russell was always on the front seats of my car, totally free to wander from seat to seat unrestrained, as it was then. Today our Patterdale and Border both ride in the back in a cage which well fastened in, in case of accidents. Times change.

 

Angel1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Back in the 70's my Jack Russell was always on the front seats of my car, totally free to wander from seat to seat unrestrained, as it was then. Today our Patterdale and Border both ride in the back in a cage which well fastened in, in case of accidents. Times change.

 

Angel1.

Yup we no longer live in the 70s

Edited by melthebell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Back in the 70's my Jack Russell was always on the front seats of my car, totally free to wander from seat to seat unrestrained, as it was then. Today our Patterdale and Border both ride in the back in a cage which well fastened in, in case of accidents. Times change.

 

Angel1.

That's a fact, and safe too. If i crashed the car at speed an unrestrained GSD would fly through the window and take my head off on the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, maggidee said:

At 10 am a blue Suzuki car taking ages to turn right from moss way up to mosborough lights,and I found out why ,she was driving with a black dog jumping up down on her lap.how on earth can you concentrate on driving like that,it’s probably explains why the passengers side was all smashed in.is it against the law to drive like this?.......as bad as driving on the phone..

Idiots dog should be restrained bad az drink or drug driving all you want is a dog jumping around in a vehicle to be honest think its illigal to have a dog loose in a car but will stand corrected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, carosio said:

On cargo ships,  sometimes dogs were trained as lookouts and would bark when they saw another ship approaching. This would enable the crew to attend to other less monotonous jobs.

And until very recently if you were operating a Canadian fishing boat it was law that you had to have a Newfoundland dog on board to leap in to save any of the staff that may fall overboard.  However, neither of these scenarios apply to driving in the UK in 2019, do they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, medusa said:

And until very recently if you were operating a Canadian fishing boat it was law that you had to have a Newfoundland dog on board to leap in to save any of the staff that may fall overboard.  However, neither of these scenarios apply to driving in the UK in 2019, do they?

Given the recent weather, one wonders!

 

It was tongue in cheek, you know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do love how easily   some SFers can be guided off topic.

Well done Carosio, as good as Padders Xmas tree post

Edited by davyboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2019 at 21:07, medusa said:

And until very recently if you were operating a Canadian fishing boat it was law that you had to have a Newfoundland dog on board to leap in to save any of the staff that may fall overboard.  However, neither of these scenarios apply to driving in the UK in 2019, do they?

I love this!  Every day's a schoolday 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.