Driving With Dog On Lap

At 10 am a blue Suzuki car taking ages to turn right from moss way up to mosborough lights,and I found out why ,she was driving with a black dog jumping up down on her lap.how on earth can you concentrate on driving like that,it’s probably explains why the passengers side was all smashed in.is it against the law to drive like this?.......as bad as driving on the phone..

On cargo ships,  sometimes dogs were trained as lookouts and would bark when they saw another ship approaching. This would enable the crew to attend to other less monotonous jobs.

Back in the 70's my Jack Russell was always on the front seats of my car, totally free to wander from seat to seat unrestrained, as it was then. Today our Patterdale and Border both ride in the back in a cage which well fastened in, in case of accidents. Times change.

Angel1.

52 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Back in the 70's my Jack Russell was always on the front seats of my car, totally free to wander from seat to seat unrestrained, as it was then. Today our Patterdale and Border both ride in the back in a cage which well fastened in, in case of accidents. Times change.

Angel1.

Yup we no longer live in the 70s

Edited by melthebell

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

That's a fact, and safe too. If i crashed the car at speed an unrestrained GSD would fly through the window and take my head off on the way.

7 hours ago, carosio said:

On cargo ships,  sometimes dogs were trained as lookouts and would bark when they saw another ship approaching. This would enable the crew to attend to other less monotonous jobs.

And until very recently if you were operating a Canadian fishing boat it was law that you had to have a Newfoundland dog on board to leap in to save any of the staff that may fall overboard.  However, neither of these scenarios apply to driving in the UK in 2019, do they?

2 minutes ago, medusa said:

And until very recently if you were operating a Canadian fishing boat it was law that you had to have a Newfoundland dog on board to leap in to save any of the staff that may fall overboard.  However, neither of these scenarios apply to driving in the UK in 2019, do they?

Given the recent weather, one wonders!

It was tongue in cheek, you know!

I do love how easily   some SFers can be guided off topic.

Well done Carosio, as good as Padders Xmas tree post

Edited by davyboy

On 08/11/2019 at 21:07, medusa said:

I love this!  Every day's a schoolday 🙂