What To Do If Your Alone For Xmas Day?

6 hours ago, imfromsheffield said:

i’ve just been talking about that. someone suggested coach trips that run over xmas. sounds like a good idea. think i’m pushing it to find a place on any now tho? 

I think you’ll still be able to find a holiday if you’re not fussed about locate and possibly at a discount price. A few years ago both my sons were working over Christmas so I booked last minute on a mystery holiday. I ended up with 5 days in Brighton and had a lovely time with other singles, couples and families. Would definitely do it again if only kids would stay away 😀

7 minutes ago, catmiss said:

I think you’ll still be able to find a holiday if you’re not fussed about locate and possibly at a discount price. A few years ago both my sons were working over Christmas so I booked last minute on a mystery holiday. I ended up with 5 days in Brighton and had a lovely time with other singles, couples and families. Would definitely do it again if only kids would stay away 😀

where did you find it? i had a quick look but the site i looked on wasn’t cheap. so gave up lol. 

i don’t care where i end up. as long as i’m not stuck in the house bored. 

think i’ll enjoy it. i like to travel about.  

Try Alpha, Shearings, David Urquhart, Gee Vee. It won’t be that cheap for Xmas but Mystery is usually cheaper and you may get waiver of single supplement. Have a look at the sites but also give any you’re interested in a ring-sometimes customer services are able to advise of special deals. Hope you get something- when I went there was something going on every minute of the day from film screenings, board games, quizzes, evening entertainment and trips out. There was a real sense of inclusion, 3 meals a day and free glasses of wine😀

thank you!! that’s really helpful. sounds like a really good idea. just go for a lucky dip. just need to wait and see if i get my volunteer work i signed up for earlier first and if it’s full i’ll be off on a magical mystery tour 😊

19 hours ago, imfromsheffield said:

getting close to xmas again. last year i spent it alone. couldn’t find anything to do or places to go where i wouldn’t look all sad sat on my own. just wondered if there was places served dinner or something put on for people alone over xmas?.  i know you have things for the elderly but i’m just into my 40’s  family and friends doing there own thing so i’d like to find other people in the same situation. not wanting to be alone but not wanting to intrude on someone else’s day either.  all us sad lonely folk in one place. 

is there anything? 

thank you!! :)

. Please consider voluntary work in a hospital as the NHS is under tremendous strain over Christmas. Some elderly people will be in hospital over Christmas. Imagine for them they are not only alone but also ill. Just to hold their hand can give them great comfort.

Edited by pattricia

4 hours ago, pattricia said:

Just to hold their hand can give them great comfort.

Very true Patricia. 

23 hours ago, imfromsheffield said:

getting close to xmas again. last year i spent it alone. couldn’t find anything to do or places to go where i wouldn’t look all sad sat on my own. just wondered if there was places served dinner or something put on for people alone over xmas?.  i know you have things for the elderly but i’m just into my 40’s  family and friends doing there own thing so i’d like to find other people in the same situation. not wanting to be alone but not wanting to intrude on someone else’s day either.  all us sad lonely folk in one place. 

is there anything? 

thank you!! :)

Not just Xmas for me Sheff, it's all year...

The wheelie bin go's out more than I do.

21 hours ago, imfromsheffield said:

your not wrong. guess i need to get used to single life. only lived on my own a couple of years. last year was my first xmas alone. just fancies doing something this year and not sat home twiddling my thumbs. 

I am not saying you have to get used to being on your own.

The good news is that you still have choice. Choice to persue your desires. The first step  is always the most difficult, but you have already  succeeded in taking it by posting on here. Well done to you. It is not always easy  to share your personal stuff on a public forum. 

I do feel that you have done the right thing by doing so. It has prompted others to do likewise, and give their support/ideas.

If you do volunteer at xmas, you will meet strangers that are likely to be alone also, and local. I say go for it-people  lead to other people, and other things etc.

Edited by Janus

14 hours ago, imfromsheffield said:

padders n joojoo!! my spidie senses tell me you guys would get on great!! get chatting hopefully some good will come from this thread. 

cold n lonely this time of year!! doesn’t have to be. :) 

Last of the Summer Wine comes to mind  ....... but which of you is Compo  ?        🤣

56 minutes ago, francypants said:

Last of the Summer Wine comes to mind  ....... but which of you is Compo  ?        🤣

Drink your coffee :hihi:.

Francypants,   How very dare you.

I'll have you know I used to dance with Pan's People.

I was in the front room - they were on the telly but …….