What To Do If Your Alone For Xmas Day?

Oh thanks, I’m from Sheffield.  Hope you have a good one anyway.  Perhaps take inspiration from the man in front of last Christmas at Tescos check out.  He bought a pork pie, a bottle of whiskey and a toilet roll.  I remember thinking that’s all you need really.

Cheers x

15 minutes ago, joojoo said:

Oh thanks, I’m from Sheffield.  Hope you have a good one anyway.  Perhaps take inspiration from the man in front of last Christmas at Tescos check out.  He bought a pork pie, a bottle of whiskey and a toilet roll.  I remember thinking that’s all you need really.

Cheers x

haha yeh sounds like he had his xmas all sorted!  

think for me it’s the boredom aswell as missing family. i’m on my own 99% of the time and doesn’t usually get my down. 

this year i intend to enjoy myself

just looking at coach trips but they bit out of my budget. maybe i was looking in the wrong place?  

sure i’ll find something to keep me busy? and if not i’ll be off to tesco for wine n toilet roll 

As Joo Joo says,

''Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.''

After a wonderful long, happy marriage, I remarried.

I don't assume everyone is alone because they have lost the love of their life, some may never had married, but life goes on.

If one can't give their heart again, give time.

If you DO, let's hear about it.

My very best to you .

8 minutes ago, Carmen. said:

As Joo Joo says,

''Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.''

After a wonderful long, happy marriage, I remarried.

I don't assume everyone is alone because they have lost the love of their life, some may never had married, but life goes on.

If one can't give their heart again, give time.

If you DO, let's hear about it.

My very best to you .

i thought i had found someone new. we been together 4 years. i don’t get invite to xmas and i’ve never been to her house! 

ok we do live about 200miles apart. but still. i’d travel if i felt welcome. 

things are never as easy as they look from the outside.  so i’ll just leave them to it and find myself something to do. 

If you have access to the Internet, have a look at HARC (Homeless and Rootless at Christmas) in Sheffield.  Perhaps you could help out as a volunteer. 

Hi Carmen,  yes ‘my man’ went and died on me after 44 years.  Very inconsiderate I thought.  
Don’t worry if anyone is ever brave enough to take me on you’ll hear about it - all Sheffield will.
But don’t hold your breath, they are not queuing up for me. x

4 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

If you have access to the Internet, have a look at HARC (Homeless and Rootless at Christmas) in Sheffield.  Perhaps you could help out as a volunteer. 

i looked on there site earlier today and filled out the online form to volunteer. but due to how close we are i’m not sure they’ll be any places left?  i’ll just have to wait and see if they get back to me 

1 hour ago, joojoo said:

Hi Carmen,  yes ‘my man’ went and died on me after 44 years.  Very inconsiderate I thought.  
Don’t worry if anyone is ever brave enough to take me on you’ll hear about it - all Sheffield will.
But don’t hold your breath, they are not queuing up for me. x

Yes, very inconsiderate JooJoo, my missus pulled the same trick on me, met in 1962 (teenage sweethearts) married in 1967, then she shuffles off 2015.

Hi Padders

Coincidence that, mine went in 2015 as well.  Wonder if they’re misbehaving somewhere.  If so good  luck to em!  I’m no spoilsport. x

10 minutes ago, joojoo said:

Hi Padders

Coincidence that, mine went in 2015 as well.  Wonder if they’re misbehaving somewhere.  If so good  luck to em!  I’m no spoilsport. x

Just be my luck that...……. I tried to get her to misbehave for 50odd yrs, no joy.

Hi Padders

So glad you haven’t taken offence by my post.  I realised after I sent it that you could have. 
I always enjoy reading you posts, you have a lovely rye sense of humour.  Keep posting. x

padders n joojoo!! my spidie senses tell me you guys would get on great!! get chatting hopefully some good will come from this thread. 

cold n lonely this time of year!! doesn’t have to be. :)