What To Do If Your Alone For Xmas Day?

getting close to xmas again. last year i spent it alone. couldn’t find anything to do or places to go where i wouldn’t look all sad sat on my own. just wondered if there was places served dinner or something put on for people alone over xmas?.  i know you have things for the elderly but i’m just into my 40’s  family and friends doing there own thing so i’d like to find other people in the same situation. not wanting to be alone but not wanting to intrude on someone else’s day either.  all us sad lonely folk in one place. 

is there anything? 

thank you!! :) 

I usually go out for a drive.

There's a nice little pull-in near Harthill where there's little traffic, and you can sit there for an hour-or-so and solve the world's problems in peace and quiet.

Car radio on if you wish, as well as the heater if required.

I've also nodded off on occasions!

Incidentally, the Mint Leaf restaurant in Dronfield is open on Xmas day. Never been, so I can't tell you what it's like....but it is open!

Edited by RiffRaff
Additional info

OP

It is a frame of mind, and I am not speaking as someone who will be around others at xmas. I will will be alone but not lonely if you get my meaning.

I do not mean any disrespect to the meaning of xmas, but I do not do anything different on Christmas day to what I do on most other days.

By all means PM me, we may have some of the same interests.

Serendipity?

Welcome to the forum

👥

Edited by Janus

imfromsheffield

You’re lucky.

There must be thousands of people who would look forward to Christmas Day without children, in—laws, family rows etc and would look forward to spending Christmas on their own.

Think positive and enjoy yourself......alone !

Edited by Mossway
OP’s name

unfortunately as for the nice drive. i don’t drive. if the weathers ok i might go for a walk.  i’m not a religious person. but last year was my first xmas alone. didn’t think it would bother me but it was a bit of a downer to say the least. 

both my kids are now grown and do their own thing.  best part of xmas for me was the dinner. but i’m not going to all that trouble just for me. and i couldn’t go out to eat and sit alone.  

shame there’s no dinner for one events maybe stick everyone on one table? 

9 minutes ago, Mossway said:

You’re lucky.

There must be thousands of people who would look forward to Christmas Day without children, in—laws, family rows etc and would look forward to spending Christmas on their own.

Think positive and enjoy yourself......alone !

yeh you might think that. but once all the drama is gone and your sat in silence it’s boring. you’ll miss it. 

i miss all the stress n noise of my kids arguing 

Personally I don't like relying on anyone for anything. It a matter of what our minds have got used to. 

When you think about it deeply enough, having to rely on  someone or something is a burden on the mind. The less we rely on something/someone the  "free er" we become. 

Edited by Janus

4 minutes ago, Janus said:

Personally I don't like relying on anyone for anything. It a matter of what our minds have got used to. 

When you think about it deeply enough, having to rely on  someone or something is a burden on the mind. The less we rely on something/someone the  "free er" we become. 

your not wrong. guess i need to get used to single life. only lived on my own a couple of years. last year was my first xmas alone. just fancies doing something this year and not sat home twiddling my thumbs. 

I’m in the same boat, fed up so have decided to do something different. I’ve booked to go away 23rd to 27th December coach trip to Scotland. Yes, I know it will be cold, it might be a big mistake, but nothing ventured .......

4 minutes ago, joojoo said:

I’m in the same boat, fed up so have decided to do something different. I’ve booked to go away 23rd to 27th December coach trip to Scotland. Yes, I know it will be cold, it might be a big mistake, but nothing ventured .......

i’ve just been talking about that. someone suggested coach trips that run over xmas. sounds like a good idea. think i’m pushing it to find a place on any now tho? 

That’s what I thought but got a twin room for £60 single sup. Hope it’s worth it.  Better than sitting it out at home. Just call me Billie no mates.

6 minutes ago, joojoo said:

That’s what I thought but got a twin room for £60 single sup. Hope it’s worth it.  Better than sitting it out at home. Just call me Billie no mates.

haha hi Billie 

im sure you’ll love it. i’ve not seem much of scotland but the parts i’ve seen are really nice.  anything has to be better than staying home feeling sorry for yourself. 

hope you enjoy it.