Spurs V Blades

6 hours ago, redbig said:

I'd say it already is, 2 promotions, style of football. To fans of a certain age it's definitely been 4-5 years of success and doesn't look like ending any time soon.

Agree that its  great forBlades fans, it’s just that you seem to be comparing this team with Bassetts ( glorious) triers and Warnocks “ up and at em” lads as a mark of a Golden Era..

Not downplaying CW’s current achievements  but one of those promotions was from the 3rd tier. Harris’ Blades went up from the 2nd tier playing glorious attacking football and I recall the following season United were the highest goal scorers in the 1st division, excluding the league winners I believe.

Given the disparity in financial clout and outlay between United and other Premier League clubs Wilders achievements are amazing

8 hours ago, kevvy said:

I have to agree with you.    I've been a Blade over 50 years and that has to be the best team I've ever seen !!

I agree, also  Dearden got clobbered in the first 10 mins to slow him down and unfortunately he was quiet for the rest of the match.  What an atmospere in there though

2 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Agree that its  great forBlades fans, it’s just that you seem to be comparing this team with Bassetts ( glorious) triers and Warnocks “ up and at em” lads as a mark of a Golden Era..

Not downplaying CW’s current achievements  but one of those promotions was from the 3rd tier. Harris’ Blades went up from the 2nd tier playing glorious attacking football and I recall the following season United were the highest goal scorers in the 1st division, excluding the league winners I believe.

Given the disparity in financial clout and outlay between United and other Premier League clubs Wilders achievements are amazing

Still 4 years of constant success and progression. How long was basset there ? Likewise Warnock? (Who by the way has just been sacked!). Let's say if you stay up this year, or even finish top 10, it's a golden era !

14 hours ago, barry-333 said:

I agree, also  Dearden got clobbered in the first 10 mins to slow him down and unfortunately he was quiet for the rest of the match.  What an atmospere in there though

Yes the atmosphere was great. Though I must admit when todays crowd are in full flow with the Greasy Chip Butty song it reminds of those times !!

1 hour ago, kevvy said:

Yes the atmosphere was great. Though I must admit when todays crowd are in full flow with the Greasy Chip Butty song it reminds of those times !!

I am in the South Stand and its nearly as good as the Kop  for singing and some of the comments to the linesmen are hillarious

Onwards and Upwards UTB

On 10/11/2019 at 18:19, atticus said:

Getting fed up with all the hoof ball. Only 23 passes in the build up to Baldock"s goal.

Seriously though this might just be the best Blades team I've ever seen.

I have been going to Bramall Lane since 1948 and I loved the style of John Harris's teams and both managers top notch and not scared of playing anyone.  This team now is something very very special and entertaining but still the pundits will not stop pulling us down

2 hours ago, barry-333 said:

I am in the South Stand and its nearly as good as the Kop  for singing and some of the comments to the linesmen are hillarious

Onwards and Upwards UTB

I'm in south stand too and its great to hear everyone get behind the team, 

UTB

What the Pundits say or don’t say about United doesn’t bother me at all. If Gary Lineker wants to refer to us as Sheffield or Pochetino refers to us “ like a rugby team” ( meant as a complement actually). Self appointed pundits who give non complementary opinions are entitled to do so. I don’t take it personally, my ego’s not that fragile

23 hours ago, barry-333 said:

I have been going to Bramall Lane since 1948 and I loved the style of John Harris's teams and both managers top notch and not scared of playing anyone.  This team now is something very very special and entertaining but still the pundits will not stop pulling us down

I think the majority of pundits are very complimentary about us tbh.  A lot have changed their tune since the start of the season - and rightly so.

2 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

I think the majority of pundits are very complimentary about us tbh.  A lot have changed their tune since the start of the season - and rightly so.

I'd agree, there were a few silly comments from pundits before the season started but not now.

On 13/11/2019 at 16:38, Brooker11 said:

I'd agree, there were a few silly comments from pundits before the season started but not now.

That's true, whatever happened to Bash Street, does he still post on here?