Woodseats 3.30pm This Afternoon

Did anyone witness an incident on Woodseats this afternoon between the Big Tree and Asda.?

My step daughter was on her way home from picking up her son from school, she pulled out of Holmhirst Rd and a dark coloured car, possibly a Mini Countryman pulled in front of her on Woodseats outside Asda, stopping all traffic, the driver got out of his car and told her to wind her window down .

He started f....in and blinding at her saying she had cut him up. She said sorry to him, he then spat at her through the window then drove off!

She is pregnant and it has really shaken her up and upset our grandson who was sat in the back.

If anyone saw anything could you please contact South Yorkshire Police on 101 

What a brave chap, picking on a pregnant mother in front of her son!

10 minutes ago, godders said:

he then spat at her through the window then drove off!

Did she inform the police?

Spitting at someone is an assault, and police (and public transport workers) now collect saliva as evidence.

If someone is so lacking in self control that they behave like that, there is a very good chance that they have been arrested before, in which case their DNA will almost certainly be on the police database.

When I spoke with her earlier she was about to.

Police should be able to collect DNA evidence if she knows where she was spat at and hasn’t washed her clothes.

A couple of years ago someone was jailed for spitting at a railway guard. The police should take this seriously and if they don’t, tell her to ask to see an inspector immediately.

What an awful thing to happen, and spitting is just disgusting. Really hope they’re ok.

Would there be anywhere around with cctv to get a number plate?

In that situation she would have been wise to get the number plate, even if that meant following him for a while to get it.  No doubt she was so shook up that it all happened so quickly.  I suspect the chances of finding him now are slim - but I hope she does.  

It's disgusting behaviour on his part.  But, I'm sorry to say, it's not uncommon and it's a bit of a "male" thing too.  It causes a male a particular problem if you sneak out in front of them, or even overtake them legally in some cases.  They really don't like it.  It is a blow to their masculinity and it can make them very angry.  I've had it loads of times from other male drivers, never from a female driver.  It's quite pathetic actually.  

I think I stopped getting angry with other motorists when I was maybe in my late 20's.  I just came to the conclusion that it's really not worth it.  Everyone makes mistakes when driving from time to time.  A loss of concentration and ...there you have it.  Of course some folks do drive like idiots as well and are deliberately inconsiderate.  But you can usually spot those a mile off - they often have a sign saying "Taxi" on them.  😉

I think the thing that changed my mind about this "road rage" was that it made me feel awful for ages afterwards.  And I thought..."why am I letting something so daft as that upset me?"  because I was.  If it's a genuine mistake then no one deserves to be shouted at, and if it's someone being a deliberate bottom, then why waste breath and energy on them - they aren't going to change, that's just the way they are.  

I'm not saying I don't mutter things under my breath, like when I'm behind someone at a junction and the road is clear but they sit and hesitate for ages. (Now this is usually a female thing!).  😍 That irks me a bit, and I've been know to say,  "do you want it in writing?", but only to myself.

Life is too short to let a careless person or an idiot ruin your day.🚗🚘🚙

Edited by DerbyTup